cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calculation of Tax Depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u tell me How Can we calculate Tax Depreciation with out posting in Financial Records...for Income Tax Purpose....plz give me the configuration steps

and also how can we show in reports,,....

Thanks in Advance....

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I have set up a new depreciation are for tax reason you have to do the following steps:

V_T093C_08 Specify Transfer Date/Last Closed Fiscal Year

(Take over date, last day of the last fiscal year)

VC_T093U03 Specify Sequence of Depreciation Areas Set-up area 67

(plase the new depreciation area on top)

VC_ANKB_01 Determine Depreciation Areas in the Asset Class

(Assign new depreciation area to asset classes wirh default values

V_TABWA Define Transaction Types for Acquisitions

( Created transaction type to make a acquisition posting in only the new depreciation area)

V_T093_00 Define Depreciation Areas

(created new depreciation Area)

To run AFBN - New Depreciation Area to ad the new depreciation area's to the existing assets

I created 2 LSMW's

1. To up-date the assets from last year with the correct depreciation key, depreciation start date (when you chage this you have to change exp. UL live to blanc, SAP recalculate this) Do this upload not for deactivated assets this year. (the first collum is than not the new depr area in AS92

2. To uplad the acquisition value for the Capitalized assets this year (using the new tranaction type to post only in the new area) transaction ABSO.

The best is to test this first and to do year-end closing for this year.

Paul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A seperate depreciation area is maintained for tax calculation. These are assigned with different deprciation keys (depends on the income tax laws). Some of the companies, will effect statistical postings to GL Accounts. Some of the asset reports available will fulfill this requirement.

Example: I had seen in China company is having statistical accounts. In US, we use various asset report to fulfill the tax reporting.

Statistical accounts means - these are not connected to Financial Statement Version.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Sreeni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u for giving reply for my Question.....for these tax calculation any accounts assignments, because my client maintaining another tax calculation type(As per 350 act)...plz tell me any need to assign gl accounts for tax calculation....and how can we run and take reports for as tax calculation and as per 350....plz help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.if we maintain some statistical accounts it will be show effect on trail balance and other reports.....here my client maintaining memoranda Accounts(Which is not posted to Finance like our ) in his legacy system, they r asking in SAP also....is there any possibility maintain Memoranda Accounts and Statistical Postings....

2.can we maintain Sub Ledgers to GLs

3 Anybody send me Profit center based reports.....y because my total Org. Structure Is Profit Centers only...

Plz Help Me

Thanks and Regards,

Suresh