cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Keys and MCC's for VCF4 (VISA Format)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are implementing credit card clearing. The card company is VISA.

For transactions incurred on the card, the mapping is via the MCC, Transaction Keys and Expense Types.

In the system the Transaction Keys are already available for Card Company VISA. When checking the application help, it says that the transaction keys would be provided by the Credit Card Company.

When I check the file format VCF4 there is no place where the Transaction keys come in the statement which gets loaded to the system. What we have is the MCC code.

The question here is that can I create individual transaction keys for all my known expense type and map it or do I need to wait for the bank to provide me with the transaction keys to be used.

Your replies would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shiva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

first of all: I can't answer your question with 100% certainty because we don't use VISA so I can only make an assumption. For our ATX-Files which we receive from our card company AirPlus, we use the provided MCC standard entries from SAP and map them against our expense types (as you stated). There are entries provided for all card commpanies in the MCC Mastertable so I think you don't have to wait for the bank, assuming the process with VISA is basically the same as with AirPlus.

Cheers, Lukas

P.S. And I should probably add that this configuration is working for us as intended

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lukas for the prompt response.

Just wanted one clarification. The Transaction Keys provided in system are only 8, how was the mapping done for all expense types?

Thanks,

Shiva

Answers (0)