cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Japanese swearwords for content filters and forbidden passwords

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear honoured members of the Japanese SCN community,

As part of a crowd sourcing project, we need to collect Japanese swearwords. This is because the SCN content filters and SAP table USR40 examples only contain forbidden patterns in the English language, but for all we know you folks are swearing like troopers or your passwords are inappropriate and this goes unnoticed.

Could you please respond to this thread listing as many swear words as you can to test the content filters and verify that all patterns are trapped.

Many thanks for your co-operation.

Julius Bussche

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182065
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

mosty easily, you can see from web disctonary below, where JPN's swearwords, slung, etc. are collected as a dictionary.

日本語俗語辞書 - 若者言葉・新語・死語・流行語

another way : this site will give you equivalent JPN words when you put English swear words in the box, "英辞郎 on the Web."

英語学習・TOEIC対策・英辞郎 on the WEB | アルク

wish this helps.

thanks, Shiroh Kinoshita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for the infos. I am still struggling a bit with the patterns though.

USR40 support the 40 character password for higher release code versions. But which character combinations represent a violation and which on their own are OK can create some havok.

Even in English this is difficult. For example banning *ass* would be effective for all "****" or "badass", but also block "mass processing" (which is perfectly OK).

Additionally if it is too strict, then it excludes patterns from passwords (eg. loading dictionary words), so hacker attempts to crack passwords can exclude these patterns and their programs run faster to only probe the allowed patterns.

What I need is some real hardcore swearwords which are no-go's and the rest can be forced to eliminate dictionary attacks and obfuscation by using spaces and forced special characters and some numerals.

The content filters also need a pattern which is definately a "no go", as a specific combination.

Eg. calling someone a **** is "no go". But using the Japanese characters for "ass" or "hole" might in expressions be OK.

We dont want to be too strict  - is what I mean.

Cheers,

Julius

former_member182065
Active Participant
0 Kudos

sorry for late answer to your question.  I think JPN casual words are changing a lot and very flexible from time to time, so I cannot answer any specific patterns like Engligh swearwords.  I found the similar questions from certain web page below :

>I got one more thing to write about swear wards.  I couldn’t come up with any good answer

>when one of my Chinese friends asked “What are Japanese swear words?”

>And this surprised him.

>In Chinese, there are also lots of expressions such as “I’ll f*ck your mother” just like in English.

>In Japanese… is that “お前の母ちゃんデベソ(omae no kaachan debeso)”? LOL

>Do you think of anything else?

>At most, they are “クソ(kuso)” ” 畜生(chikusho)”, or something like that, aren’t they?

>Yeah! No swear words exist in Japanese.

>I searched and some say there are swear words.

>But, at least, we don’t use swear words in a way British or Chinese people do.

>In that sense, Japanese language might be unique.

so, my recommendation is to just consult equivalent words with English 4 char words in the dictionary above.

thanks, Shiroh

Answers (0)