cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove button of EPM add-in for Excel ribbon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, I've a problem trying to remove a button in the EPM 10 add-in ribbon using the advanced method. I've developped a new dll class with Visual Studio and I succeeded in adding a new button with a new group. My problem is when I try to remove button as explained in EPM add-in user guide, in the example of the GetRibbonComponents() method. I've tried : public List GetRibbonComponents() { List actionList = new List(); actionList.Add(new EpmRibbonAction(Commands.AnalysisGroup, ActionType.Remove)); return actionList; } but in this case, the EPM tab is removed. I use : - SAP BPC 10 for Windows platform - EPM add-in 10.0 SP 18 patch 1 .NET 3.5 - Visual Studio 2012 with .net framework 3.5 - Windows 7 64 bits - Excel 2007 32 bits (I've also tried with Excel 2013 32 bits) Any idea ? Thank's in advance, Julien

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the EPM tab is completely removed, it means your custom ribbon extension is throwing an exception on load.  You can see the exception in the EPM client logs or use basic .NET debugging like MessageBox.Show() after adding the System.Windows.Forms reference.

The documentation to extend the EPM ribbon is not very clear.  I have a working example (Office 2010, VS 2010 3.5) if you would like me to share the code.   

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your response.

In fact I found the error, it was in the method GetAdditionalTabComponent().

Thanks again. I close this request

Julien

Answers (0)