cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Socket Tutorial?

0 Kudos

Hi Folks, wondering if someone can help me out. I am trying to piece together what is required to use the socket input adapter. I have worked through the tutorial for using the File Input Adapter but wondering if we have something similar for the socket adapter. I have looked at the Adapter documentation which lists a bunch of properties but I cannot seem to find the documentation that outlines how to configure an end to end scenario for using the socket adapter.

Can I use the socket adapter without having to use the SDK? Am I just required to create a Java Client that would open a socket and  just start writing to it with data that matches the correct input format?

Thanks,

Scott

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JWootton
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Scott - I'll have to defer to folks with deeper expertise to give you more specific guidance.  I'm afraid we don't have a tutorial for using the socket adapter. But a few key points:

1. In the current version,  the socket adapter has to open the connection.  (in earlier versions,  either the adapter or the publisher/subscriber could open the connection, but to tighten up security, this was changed to only support "outbound" connections

2. your java client does not need to use the SDK.  It just needs to be able to accept the connection request from the adapter, and then write messages in the appropriate format (e.g. JSON, etc)

Jeff