cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro.... Context...Right click...Create...Attribute is disabled....why ?

0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I have a small issue, Webdynpro.... Context...Right click...Create...Attribute is disabled....why ?. Though it is in Edit mode.

Desigining drag and drop options are not working...

Screen shot is attached ...

Thanks for solution.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The reason is simple. You node which you've shown in you snapshot has dictonary structure = VBAK. That is the reason why your create attribute is in disabled .

Remove that dictionary structure and add attrbute will be enabled as shown below .

Thanks

KH

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Obaid,

1. Drag & Drop issue:

Check the snote : note 1962448 - View Designer: No interaction possible

2. Not able add attribute:

As your node is created using a DDIC element, you are not allowed to create attribute directly in WEBDYNPRO, in this case first you need to add a field into the structure / table which is used for your node and then add attribute from structure.

You can only add the attribute directly to node if node is not created using any structure or table.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

The first query is solved as said.thanks for the reply,

For second one.....

I have uploaded the said Note , but i get the following error.

any idea please.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Obaid,

When are you getting the error message, its related to ADS connection settings.

But, while implementing you may not get this error message, choose the correction which is suitable for your system release.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot directly drag onto the ROOTUIELOEMENTCONTAINER you will have to add a GROUP or Transparent container and will allow to drag and drop on to it.

And regarding the Attribute when you created the NODE you might have assigned the dictionary structure on the node which wouldn't allow you to add your own attributes , You will have to use create using wizard --> Attributes from the component structure for the purpose.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

Phani