Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forecast consumption logic for Make to order scenario

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

For M-T-0 scenario we have forecast and sales orders.

we wanted the system to generate receipts only greater of FCST or sales order after consumption.

Please let me know how we can do this in SNP/ PPDS?

FCST : 15000 and sales order is 5000 then system will show FCST : 10000 AND SALES ORDER  5000

We wanted the system to generate planned orders for 10000

Please let know your thoughts.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe that APO does not fully support the make to order scenario that you describe.  What is happening here is that the sales order is consuming the forecast but it is the only demand that moves forward into requirements planning.  The recommendation is to link your make to order product to a planning product to generate the required dependent requirements

This is described here http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/4c/c749c0d43f6a4ae10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

Good luck!

Laurence

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, consumption also happens for MTO scenario.
In ECC, if you have strategy 50, it will be mapped to strategy 30 in APO. Consumption will happen in this case.

Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry can't anwer this.. but i will add something which u might have to consider later.

In MTO scenario we generally have Sales Order specific stock. i.e. after production we will post stock for particular sales order .

If you somehow do production for forecast -- type MTO -- what will you do in execution?

so all in all it seems i am asking you why do you want forecast and forecast consumption for MTO?

Regards,

SAP Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think what you want to do is set your consumption mode for that material.  To do that go to MM02 to the MRP3 tab and set your Consumtion mode to 3 for forward consumtion only