Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Process chain

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please clarify the below questions.

We ran a BI process chain via SAP_BW_ProcessChainRun. But ended up with following error log.

1. Is this mean the rfc user who started the process chain didn't have enough rights?

2. Do we use only rfc user to start a process chain or can we use any other user to start a process chain?. Unlike for ABAP jobs where we can use the SAP_USER_NAME in SAP_ABAPRUN to execute a abap program?

com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.connection.exception.SapBapiException: BAPI exception while calling RSPC_API_CHAIN_START: E RSPC 031 0 Chains Were Selected

BAPI exception while calling RSPC_API_CHAIN_START: E RSPC 031 0 Chains Were Selected [ZPV_D_MTRTEST_RED, , , 0]

Parameters:

ZPV_D_MTRTEST_RED

I_T_VARIABLES

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.jco2.connection.impl.ClientConnectionImpl.checkBapiReturnCode(ClientConnectionImpl.java:727)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.jco2.connection.impl.ClientConnectionImpl.handleRscpApiErrors(ClientConnectionImpl.java:761)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.jco2.connection.impl.ClientConnectionImpl.call(ClientConnectionImpl.java:483)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.connection.AbstractRfcConnection$4.doPerform(AbstractRfcConnection.java:301)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.connection.RemoteFunctionCall.perform(RemoteFunctionCall.java:147)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.connection.AbstractRfcConnection.perform(AbstractRfcConnection.java:472)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.connection.AbstractRfcConnection.execute(AbstractRfcConnection.java:294)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.jco2.connection.impl.SapFunctionModuleWrapper.execute(SapFunctionModuleWrapper.java:200)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.jco.AbstractSapFunctionModule.execute(AbstractSapFunctionModule.java:109)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.impl.BwProcessChainCommand.execute(BwProcessChainCommand.java:98)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.AbstractXbpCommand.doExecute(AbstractXbpCommand.java:86)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:58)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.service.operation.RunJobOperation.doWork(RunJobOperation.java:104)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.service.SapJobWork.doWork(SapJobWork.java:38)

at com.redwood.scheduler.infrastructure.workqueue.Worker.run(Worker.java:76)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:763)

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ramana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor

Hello,

It looks like the process chain was not found. This might also be due to the language setting on the process server.

Also, look at the specific BI related privileges required on the interface user.

Regards Gerben

asif_muhammad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually BI chains called in CPS are meta chains (parent chains) which will internally calls many child chains based on design, try to re import meta chain in to cps and rerun the job. the RFC user strat the process chain, so check profile/ roles of RFC user, ideally this user contains SAP_ALL, and SAP_NEW .

KR

Muhammad Asif.

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Greg/Asif,

Thank you so much. I have not imported the process chain into CPS. But I tried to trigger the process chain direclty via CPS using the 'SAP_BW_ProcessChainRun'.

I only mentioned the parameters SYSTEM, CLIENT and the TECHNICAL NAME of the process chain in the job defintion and left all other parameters as default.

My security team says, there is no authorization failure in backend and they have assigned the role(*) for the RFC user. They also checked the trace. It passed that check. Do I need to import the process chain before I run it?. Please help me in solving this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ramana

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

>Do I need to import the process chain before I run it?.

You should import it, run it, and then compare both jobs, maybe you made a typo when you specified the process chain's technical name.

Regards,

HP

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carpenter,

Thank you so so much. I am so grateful to this forum. You are right. I was given the incorrect job name from the BI team. When I ran the job with correct technical name, we received the below error.

________________________________________________________________________________

BAPI exception while calling RSPC_API_CHAIN_START: E RSM
847 Incorrect start date: 00/00/0000; Start time 00:00:00 [00/00/0000,
00:00:00, , ]

Parameters:

ZAB_CD_D_EFGH_J

________________________________________________________________________________

But we resolved the issue from the below link.

Regards,

Ramana

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

I forgot to add this piece of info on the above reply.  Also we changed to API start on BI server as the RSPC_API_CHAIN_START is the functional module which starts the proces chains.

Regards,

Ramana

Answers (0)