Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 3 +years of experience in SAP ABAP and BRFplus , want to move to australia from India.

former_member198721
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have around 3.5 years of experience in SAP -ABAP and SAP-BRFplus . I am based out of india and want to move to Australia.I am trained in ABAP OOPs And Webdynpro. Have worked for around 3 years in Infosys Limited and currently working as Senior Business consultant in SAP ABAP in Ntt Data North America.

I am activly looking for moving to Australia.

So kindly let me know how to go for that.

Regards,

Khushbu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Khushbu

If you want to work in Australia you will need to research the different VISA laws etc. Trying to come "onsite" is a challenge. SAP job demand goes through cycles and sometimes it is difficult to find a position. You might want to look at the large consultancies and see if there is an opportunity for onsite work as part of the project (more than likely make sponsorship easier).

The difficult challenge - most times development work is sent offshore (not all places of course). The work kept in Australia is either they cannot outsource it (federal government and so you need to be an Australian citizen) or it will be more senior staff (10+ years experience). It doesn't mean the work isn't available but you might be competing with other established professionals.

Regards

Colleen

6 REPLIES 6

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Khushbu

If you want to work in Australia you will need to research the different VISA laws etc. Trying to come "onsite" is a challenge. SAP job demand goes through cycles and sometimes it is difficult to find a position. You might want to look at the large consultancies and see if there is an opportunity for onsite work as part of the project (more than likely make sponsorship easier).

The difficult challenge - most times development work is sent offshore (not all places of course). The work kept in Australia is either they cannot outsource it (federal government and so you need to be an Australian citizen) or it will be more senior staff (10+ years experience). It doesn't mean the work isn't available but you might be competing with other established professionals.

Regards

Colleen

0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

I just want to know whether there is enough opportunities or Demands for SAP in Australia? I am having 4 years of experience in ABAP and BRFplus.

Regards,

Khushbu

0 Kudos

Hi Khushbu

I'm not really sure on demands of develop as I'm not a develop. A lot does get offshored so some of this will come back to your experience. VISA or sponsorship will play a large part.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khushbu,

In case you are wanting to know about the job opportunities in Australia you can check out http://www.seek.com.au/ 

Most of the positions would require you to be an Australian citizen, so its advisable you get in touch with immigration Consultants in your city.

I hope this helps.

Warm regards & Best wishes,

Rinku Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khushbu,

I agree with Rinku & Colleen about Australian job market especially for SAP ABAP and related skill as most of the times client push it for offshore instead of onshore. It is seen that most of the cases client get their work done in offshore and onshore model where only abap leads with 1 or 2 abap high experienced consultant are at onshore and rest all of them at offshore. Off course it does not mean nobody can get a job with no of years of experience that you have but getting a job as an abaper with 3+ years of experience is not very easy.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

former_member197870
Participant
0 Kudos

Only in Australia you will get salary in dollars.Thats y?.

I will suggest first select a good ERP ,then select a job.

If you think you will get dollars ,then also consider the time you will get to enjoy your life.SAP has no room of any kind of enjoyment in life.Only blue screens and laptop will be your life and sap has ensured it by bundling all prevalent products in market like eclipse,ETL tools and giving it a name of hana studio.

Atleast I can frankly say that if you have spend 3.5 years in sap career,you still have time to explore Oracle,navision or better erps.