Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving portal layout - creating adhoc reports

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a report in enterprise portal that gives the users all available characteristics. I would like to give users the possibility to modify the report and save the new layout that will be visible to other users.

In Web intelligence report, this feature is possible. Is this feature also available in enterprise portal report ?

thanks,

Bhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Bhat,

Please clarify what EP report means?

Are you referring to to Portal Activity Report? Or to a different type of iView?

Is this a customized report that you created?

Basically Web Intelligence idea is analytic, so obviously it gives you all the tools that are related to report. Whereas the portal is the framework that enables you one entry point to different systems and applications, according to your role.

In the portal of course you can integrate different reports and analytic content, including Business Objects reports.

Please provide all the details about your report, the framework it uses, etc.

Thanks & regards,

Michal

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. My requirement is that I want users to have the possibility to create adhoc report and save it in Enterprise portal.

Currently, we have reports based on IVIEWS, I would like users to modify the report e.g set a filter or drill down with a characteristics. users should be able to save this new layout so that they do not have to repeat the same steps each time.I have tried saving the report to portal favourites but it takes me back to the default selection (variable screen).

We can create several IVIEWS to meet the requirement but I do not want to do that.

In Web intelligence, users can easily create and save adhoc report to the BI platform provided that they have all available fields. Just wondering if similar functionality existing for IVIEWS report in enterprise portal.

Thanks,

Bhat

0 Kudos

Hi Bhat,

Users can personalize properties of iViews during runtime via the context menu of the iView, if those properties are configured for that purpose.

You can configure it as content administrator, via the Properties Editor of the PCD Object.

In 7.3 for example for each property you have the option "Edit Attributes", and in the popup window which is opened, there is an option "End-User Personalization". Example:

Now it depends on what iView is being used to render your application in the portal.

There are default properties for each iView, and in addition, if the application the iView is based on adds additional properties they can be displayed as well (I am assuming you are referring to iViews based on Portal Components).

In your case, if the application that runs within the iView does not have any such properties, then they cannot be personalized via the portal. I wasn't sure from your explanation whether you are using the Portal Integration KIT to use Webi within the portal, or something different.

If this is the case, then I guess there are no such properties, as eventually all the editing is done on the BOE the iView is redirecting to. The information is not saved within the portal.

If you are using something different then please provide additional information.

Hope this information helps,

Thanks & regards,

Michal