Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori launchpad caching

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created a custom theme for the SAP Fiori launchpad and I'm running into caching issues. I've tried a number of ways to clear the cache, but the changes are not visible for users I've logged in with before making the changes. When I create a fresh copy of the same user and login I do see the changes.

I've already tried the following things to clear the cache, without luck:

- Clear the browser cache

- Clear the server cache in SMICM, both locally and globally

- Clear the cache in /UI5/THEME_TOOL

- Clear the cache with /IWFND/CACHE_CLEANUP

- Clear the cache with /IWBEP/CACHE_CLEANUP

- Clear the cache with /UI2/CHIP_SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE

Does anyone know the secret to succesfully clearing the theme cache? Some of these steps above in a particular order or do I need to do something else?

We are on UI5 1.24.4 and theme designer 1.6.2 with all the latest notes implemented.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try SAPUI5 library 1.24.5. Theme issue was fixed.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

15 REPLIES 15

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you run the ui5 cachebuster report

/UI5/UPDATE_CACHEBUSTER.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion, but it did not work.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try SAPUI5 library 1.24.5. Theme issue was fixed.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made a mistake in the original post, we are already on 1.24.5. It seems the version number in the control-alt-shift-p popup did not get updated to 1.24.5 with the update, but we did implement all the 1.24.5 notes.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please share the URL parameter for the theme. Parameter name might be wrong.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the issue, it was not cache related (I think). For some reason (I don't know how), the theme that was supposed to be used was saved as personalization for the user in the user master data. Once I reset UI2/CONTAINER and /UI2/USER_PROFILE (don't know if both are needed) in the user master record in SU01 on the tab Personalization, the custom theme was used for the user (as maintained in /UI2/NWBC_CFG_CUST).

Thanks for the input, I think we can consider this one closed. I'm not sure why the personalization of the theme was saved for the user, I think it must be in the user preferences menu of the launchpad, but that is kind of weird as the theme selection dropdown is read only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Even I am facing the same issue.

Could you please help me in detail how to reset /UI2/USER_PROFILE in Personalization tab of SU01?

Does reset mean a refresh or something?

Regards,

Lipsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lipsa,

You can find the personalization in SU01 in the Personalilzation tab. In change mode you can delete the value of /UI2/USER_PROFILE.

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I'm happy to do as you suggest, but I have found no way to delete that entry.  Change mode in that screen does not allow the deletion.  There is a button with a trash can icon, but it does a “Reset values” and not a removal.

Please suggest how to proceed?

Regards,

Lipsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thanks a ton !

After clicking the trash can icon, values were reset and custom themes are now loading for the user.

However, the same problem is with other users as well. The mass user maintenance does not include the personalization tab, so we will have to do the users one at a time.

Is there a way in which /UI2/USER_PROFILE can be reset for all users at once?

Regards,

Lipsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lipsa,

I'm not aware of any way to do a mass change of this, but I have not looked for it. In my case there were only two affected users, so there was no need.

If you should find a way please let me know, could be usefull for the next time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Robert, I will let you know.

Meanwhile if you find a solution please post.

Regards,

Lipsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Robert,

I followed your solution but still launchpad screen is same to the user. Can you please suggest more on this.

Regards,

Govardhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Robert,

I followed your solution but still launchpad screen is same to the user. Can you please suggest more on this.

Regards,

Govardhan.

andmai
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

you can use methode user_delete from class cl_pers_service to delete the personalization for many user.

Parameters:

p_pers_key = /UI2/USER_PROFILE

p_delete_all_objects = space

p_delete_when_buffer_saved = space

p_uname_list --> List of users

To copy and paste multiple users create report or function module and call the methode.

Regards,

Andi