Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancing options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone ,

I had recently completed my SAP FI Module. In my company we don't have SAP yet,so is it possible to work as freelancer on some project?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you quit your job with just some training and no experience and try to get assignments as a freelancer you might have problems. Even if you get a project you might be there w/o help from others and might not be able to solve the problems. I would try to apply for a permanent position in the area of SAP and get some work experience of maybe 2-3 years first.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you quit your job with just some training and no experience and try to get assignments as a freelancer you might have problems. Even if you get a project you might be there w/o help from others and might not be able to solve the problems. I would try to apply for a permanent position in the area of SAP and get some work experience of maybe 2-3 years first.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure you are staying in which country, in some countries freelancing is not yet matured. Even in matured countries, you would be expected to have niche skills will sound knowledge in multiple modules. First point is just based on training, it is not possible to get a freelancer job. Even if you get by somehow, it would be extremely difficult to survive. You should put up few years of strong experience.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhjyot,

In addition to continuing your day job, try to help members in SCN FI CO forum. This will help you better your SAP skills.

Good luck!

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prabhjyot,

It would be great if you gain some experience by working in a regular SAP industry job before going for freelancing. This would help you get some knowhow of how to handle projects as well as practical application of your knowledge. You can keep trying to get into SAP industry while continuing your current job.

Thanks & Regards,

Pratik