cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realistic settlement of quantities used for sampling and inspection

0 Kudos

Dear all

When we retrieve a sample during in-process inspections, we simply settle those quantities with the yield of the process order. But in the rest of the cases, the samples retrieved are obtained even from finished products. Unluckily these are not small flasks, but bags of several kilograms. As you can imagine, some kilos here and there and if you do not book it, the inspection lot quantities feed the sales ATP, and this feeds the batch determination, then the delivery note, then the transport freight, and the customer receives quantities that are not realistic, because he is missing some kilos.

In the past, there was a monthly transfer posting to a cost center related to sampling. Now the business does not want to proceed like this. Which other solution could be proposed? The business goal is to be realistic with the booking and posting of the quantities used during sampling and inspection. If we used 12, good, we post 12. Now they remove these quantities but it goes to the customer with some kilos less.

A monthly posting of this differences will not be used. For each inspection lot, they should be able to post quantities used in sampling and inspection. This is even more when they have doubts and they have to pull several samples for a single inspection.

Thank you and good weekend!

M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if I have followed your requirement correctly!

I think you are performing destructive testing where the samples are destroyed during testing and are considered as consumed. If so, you can then use MICs with destructive inspection ticked in its control indicators. As a result of this, when an inspection lot is created the sampling quantity is determined from the sampling procedure assigned to it in inspection plan and is proposed under Sample Usage while doing UD. It execute 331 movement in background and generates FI document for inventory consumption.

If you retrieve some more samples for inspection and want to consume as sample usage you can however put the same in stock posting tab under sample usage. It further needs close testing with FI module.

Anand

0 Kudos

Thank you Anand, I have used your proposed solution. The MICs are set as destructive and in the follow up actions a realistic quantity is set. When in a difficult lot, more samples are required, than the quantities of those samples retrieved are there in the Sample Usage reflected.

M.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

While doing Stock Posting during UD, you can use 'To sample usage' to post the sample quantities.

Best Regards,

Rahul