cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data load from SAP ECC to SAP BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus and Experts

I am new to BI and I m almost struggling to find a step by step process in loading data from SAP ECC to SAP BI through generic extractors from VBAK. The Problem is I can create an Infopackage for full update and loaded the records.(Lets say Upto this step 100 records are moved to PSA)

Then I create a sale order in ECC which is a new record that has to be transfered as delta record.

Now my questions are:

Am I correct if I moved the initial records into PSA with Full Mode InfoPackage?

Should I create another infopackage for delta records with Delta Mode or to change the update mode of the infopackage created earlier for Full Update mode?

Should I create a new infopackage every time to load the delta records?

Does separate DTP has to be created for Full and Delta updates?

Please dont be frustrated if my questions are pointless or childish

I would be glad if someone demonstrate the solutions in steps

Thanks in Advance

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may designed proper data flow.

So now you need to load update data into bw.

fine.

Assume this is your data flow.

Data source(ECC)-----> PSA---> info cube/dso.

Please check and perform below steps.

1. So now create or use full load info pack and load data to PSA.

2. Load PSA data to target by using DTP(set as delta mode)

3. Create info pack, use settings - init - without data transfer and run it.

4. Later create delta info pack.

5. Do some chanegs at source side.

6. Check at source side RSA7, if you see total column count number > 0 against to your data source, then

7. you can run your delta info pack.

8. Later run your delta dtp.

About genric data source delta settings please search from google and help yourself.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I have followed all the steps mentioned by you, yet something is lagging in my end.

Let me lists the steps done by me and please correct me if i am wrong anywhere.

1. RSO2 in ECC..

2. Created DS with short, med and long names in SD application component for VBAK with all the fields unchecked in hide selection except document number, time of document, document date, net

value of the document and document currency.

3. mentioned a numeric pointer as Document number for delta and used new status for changed records.

3. saved the datasource. checked the newly created ds using the tcode RSA3.

4. Replicated the datasource under SD Application Component in BI and Activated it

6. Performed Transformations

7.  created an Info Package with FULL UPDATE and executed. I got 6898 records in my PSA

6. Created DTP with DELTA. Saved and Executed it. Got 6898 records in my DSO

7. Created Info Package with INIT WITHOUT DATA TRANSFER and scheduled it.

8. Switched over to ECC and added a sale order

9. Created an InfoPackage with DELTA UPDATE and Scheduled it.

-----I didnt receive any records in my PSA

10. performed DTP.

---- I didnt received any new records in my DSO as my delta run is not working..

PS: I am using WO DSO

Please correct me if i am wrong anywhere

Thanks in advance

Karthik

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your steps are correct.

Once  you create a new sales order, you need to check at RSA7(ECC) against your data source.

if its shows as > 0 in total column then only you can trigger delta info pack.

once you got delta data to psa, later you trigger delta dtp.

Even you better to use calday or timestamp related fields as delta relevant field than numeric pointer.

From google please explore mote about generic extractions.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My delta queue still shows zero for my datasource in RSA7.

I know that hte delta records are not updated in the delta queue. But I dont know the reason. Might be due to the delta relevant field which i used. I used the docnum.. I ll check with timestamps or date and I ll get back to u.

Thanks

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I guess you might not have used BTE, you have just created generic datasource with generic delta on numeric pointer.

if yes then,

Generic datasource on delta-pointer need initialization. once you initialize it check entry in table ROOSGENDLM ECC. If any new entry created which is greater than the entery available in table then delta load will bring new data in system.

For more information let me know.

Regards,

Ashish Lakdawala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

You are right. I have just used numeric pointer (docnum) as the delta field. So which is the real time scenario that is being practiced. Please explain me in detail to configure a generic datasource..

I am again sorry if my questions are already repeated or pointless...

Thanks in Advance

Karthik V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

After the step ' Init without data Transfer' , can you try to run a full repair request and then delta  .

To do full Repair ,open  the full IP  already created -> click on scheduler in main menu -> click on repair full request and click on the checkbox .

after running repair full request run on delta load

Answers (0)