cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use standard Java file in custom module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,        

I want to use some CatalogItemImpl.java file in my custom DC but i was unable to find any entry in the standard component in businessobject.xml file as <businessObject name="XYZ" className="x"/>. Can anyone let me know how can we use the file file in my custom DC.

Please provide your inputs......

Regards,

Rahul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member224482
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You will not find the "CatalogItemImpl" in the 'businessobject.xml'. The 'businessobject.xml' is there to define session based API of modules. Those API have properties and web channel builder values injected when the user start a web session.

For the "CatalogItem", you will have to use the Generic Factory concept. The Generic Factory is used to allocate instance given a configuration. If no configuration exists, the default implementation is used. By adding an entry in the Generic Factory you can choose to allocate your class instead of the default class.

Within the catalog module, the alias to use for classes extending "CatalogItemImpl" is "com.sap.wec.app.common.module.catalog.businessobject.ext.interf.CatalogItemExtInterf".

Please refer to the extension guide on how to manage the Generic Factory configuration file.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your reply. We need to customize the container object from standard catalog DC could you please let me know how to use container object in my custom DC. Could you please provide sample code or document relevant to customize the catalogitemimpl java file.

Please provide your inputs.......

Regards,

Rahul.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I think you may do this way, please try the below

First get the jar file in which this class exists and then add this jar file to your custom DC.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please try the below link for detailed extesion guide. I hope it will help you.

http://www.academia.edu/5733554/Development_and_Extension_Guide_SAP_Web_Channel_Experience_Managemen...

Thanks,

Hamendra