cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Cardinality 1:1 needed for input field when binded through context node->attribute

former_member187570
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Whenever input field binded directly to an attribute it works absolutely fine , but whenever I try to bind with contexts node->attribute and context nodes cardinality 0:1 it gives dump at run time.

Can anyone please suggest.

Regards,

Sourya Prakash.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Input fields created on view directly, expects always an instance of bound attributes should be available i.e. atleast one instance should be available always.

A node with cardinality 1...1, means that atleast one instance is always available and hence with this type of node input fields work fine.

But if you have input field inside table/ alv, you can bind it to the nodes with cardinality 0..n, because on every new row, it adds an instance of context node. So, it works fine as well.

Whenever you bind property "value" of input field to an attribute directly, it works because it is inside root context node CONTEXT and its having cardinality 1...1

Hope it helps you in understanding the concept.

Regards,

Rama

former_member187570
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Ramakrishnappa. Very helpfull explanation. Thumbs up !

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please close the thread by marking answers as helpful / correct answer.

Regards,

Rama

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shwetaganti
Participant
0 Kudos

The cardinality 0..1 suggests that the input field can have no value or 1 value at runtime, but in case if that input field attribute is used somewhere which is null at the first time, it will throw dump.

To avoid the situation change the cardinality to 1:1

former_member187570
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Shweta. I appreciate.