1) Plz tell me what is the big difference between "ABAP" and "ABAP-CRM"
2) i want that wat is basic difference means not logic point of view as we do same work in ABAp as in ABAP-CRM .
Plz tell me the main difference or why we use ABAP-CRM as we can do all things in normal ABAP
u will all get rewards in shape of points
1) CRM ABAP is more a "module" specific ABAP design than a pure technical subset. CRM ABAP usually refers to ABAP coding in the CRM module. Think of as SD vs PP vs MM vs FI. They all use ABAP just the "application" design is different.
In the early days CRM ABAP was at a "higher" release level than an R/3 system. This meant some language features used in CRM weren't in use in CRM. The CRM applications are generally written in an OO based fashion, using a loose MVC pardigm for the system design.
2) Technically CRM ABAP is not technically different from regular ABAP from the same release. It is the "design" of the application which requires the knowledge.
However keeping in mind there are some general conventions in CRM that you will find that aren't always practiced in the R/3 system as much.
1. BADI's are used exclusively. We typically don't use traditional user-exits in CRM.
2. Data is always read via function module and/or class method. It is easier to read data of business objects in CRM via a well defined API instead of direct table reads. Direct table reads are generally reserved for search scenarios.
3. The system was design with full extensiblility in mind. In other words, almost every business object has a standard "extension" mechanism for customization.
4. The core "business logic" was designed UI independent. CRM up to 5.0 has three UI's that utilize the same core business logic layer.
5. ABAP code is written in a "CRM style". This style shows up in how variables are named, and organization of code. If you understand this standard, the code is very easy to read.
The key part to CRM ABAP is being able to understand the functional processes of the system and the data model. It is not about knowing a specific dialect of ABAP, but understanding the application model.
Let me know if you need some further clarification.
thanks stephan for your answer
1) but can u plz tell me briefly actually i have joined IBM a month back and i got 15 days training in "ABAP" after the completion of training i have been assigned into a project in a "CRM " module.
so i have to start from begining can u plz give me some documents links or Tutorials which are easy to understand
If you have prior ABAP OO experience you will be good to go as it does not make that difference when you are working on ABAP. CRM uses ABAP OO most of the times and not the normal ABAP.
The only thing and the important thing is that you should have the understanding / knowledge / experience of the CRM functional process( like CRM Service, CRM Sales, CRM Marketing).
Have a look at the business scenario node in the following link. This should help you gaining some funcitonal knowledge
If you have any ambuiguity post it here.
I need to add a custom field to CRM. I used the EEWB to do this successfully. However I would like it to appear on the sales tab or the spare parts tab. In addition I need to add a new function which will call a remote system via a web service. I would like to add that to the toolbar of the aforementioned tabs.
We have some consultants here who recommend making these mods to the UI only. I'd prefer to do them on the back end.
What are you thoughts on this?
Is it possible to do what I mentioned on the back end and if so am I looking for a BADi or a business object to modify?
The complete mod involves adding a button for the user to call the remote system with input of a single piece of data. Receiving the data back from the external system and displaying a popup for the user to acknowledge. Loading the list of materials into the order.
Hi Gaurav jain,
good question, the difference is simple, ABAP is technical and ABAP- CRM is like technofuntional, i think you have still a little dought,
let me clarify you clearly, with ABAP we will generate Reports, where as in CRM your profile is completly different like implementation, enhancement and prodution support,
if you are ABAP - CRM you need to learn Middleware their we need to integrate between SAP R/3 to CRM,