cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field dependency in opportunity SAP CRM 7.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are implementing SAP CRM 7.3 and i need to create a dependency between 5 fields at the header level for opportunities (the value of the second field depend on the first field, the value of the third field depend on the second filed and so on) .I thought first about the multilevel categorization but it is not available for opportunities.

does anyone know a way to achieve this in standard ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member210661
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

i think there is no such kind of hierarchic available in standard opportunity view.

there is only dependency hierarchic from one field to another but there is no such kind of hierarchic from first field to 2nd field based on 2nd field to 3rd..etc..

if you observe in opportunity view there is a status field based on that status field chance of success field will change.. again based on status field reason field will be enabled.

more over if you want to do multilevel hierarchic you have to do your customizing code based on that you will get requirement.

ex:

you have aa 4 field based on first field 2nd field value should be change nd based on 2nd field value 3rd field should be change etc..

in that case you have to write logic like this.

first drop down have created event into event that you have capture the selected value.

validate field based on static variable value you have to populate the field 2 as the same way based on field 2 you have to populate field 3 and so on...

go through this link..

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivas.