cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send push notification for ios device (Afaria)

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am using afaria trial version of 30 days. I have successfully enrolled an ios device.

Also I have uploaded the APNS certificate.

But, the push notification is not getting received on the device, whereas, in the admin portal, it is displaying the message as 'Notification sent to device'.

Is there anything else that needs to be done? Please suggest.

Regards,

Bino

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (15)

Answers (15)

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I add .plist= application/xml

And The IISRESET

still 406

Then change

.plist=application/x-plist.

and IISESET

again still 406

I cantadd both MIME type for .plist. Beause IIS says "A MIME type for this file extension already exists."

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Tevfik,

Have you tried installing the application through ITunes?

Tracy

keith_nunn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Tevfik,

Please open a new thread on this issue.  It's unrelated to the original issue at this point.  We'll be happy to continue to assist but we need to separate topics when appropriate.

Thanks,

Keith Nunn
SAP Active Global Support
SAP Canada

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hereis the news,

Problem solved.

All problem is abour content filtering server.

Server blocks itunes.apple.com because of Ringtone/MP3 category, After Tracy suggestion, I try to reach app store from IE and see that blok. Then I turn back our admin and put an exception about Afaria servers. After that suddenly I see that both, enterprise and Appstore apps installing.

I think it is a nice case for troubleshooting for me.

tnx for your all precious assistance and time

Perfect

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Tevfik,

Great find!  Glad to hear you have it all working. Please go ahead and mark this answered when you get the chance.

Tracy

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I didint open this topic

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tevfik,

In the future, please do not hijack others Discussions.  Create your own and one topic per Discussion.  Plenty of help in the Getting Started link at the top right of each page.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is this related about CAPI2 on certificate server?

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Tevfik,

It looks like a mime type error to me too   Try this.  Add .plist to both servers with a mime type of application/xml and/or application/x-plist.

Tracy

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I do that. Still 406

I add two afarai servers PS2 virt dr. List is so long with inherited MIME type. I took screen only

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Yes I get 406 erro.

But where I do correct this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

First make sure that the relay server is not causing the issue.

On the Afaria server try this url:

http:/localhost/ps2/ps.svc/Package/Content/B36808E63660495C3C93C6FD55AC4F22E21BC666/f5e5cbf7-3655-4471-8dcc-8d7386f1f4b4/3/Virt.Def.App.plist

Peter

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

On afaria servers I get this:

Internet Explorer cannot read this webpage format

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok. Can you send a screenshot of the MIME-TYPES from IIS on the PS2 VDir ?

You can add .* = application/octet-stream and try again

BR

Peter

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ketih thnx.

After read those KBA and apply, if still not work. I will open a ticket.

regards.

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Your answer good for me but,

I have an IPA  and wanan deploy it to client.

Now , I create an Application policy:

-select IPA file,

-tick "Featured App

-Tick "Deploy using MDM protocol"

-Tick Install "required"

-Select Enterprise category

Then try to send this App config to client by pressşin Apply Policy button.

I get ONS0006,ONS3000 logs on server

And then IPH6021 and IPH 3011  Error :

IPH6021: MDM app Deployment rror.:Test_iOS_b36808e63660495c3c93c6fd55ac4f22e21bc666

IPH3011: iOS[12024] The manifest for the app at https://ars.yasar.com.tr/ias_relay_server/client/rs_client.dll/ps-afaria/ps2/ps.svc/Package/Content

/B36808E63660495C3C93C6FD55AC4F22E21BC666/f5e5cbf7-3655-4471-8dcc-8d7386f1f4b4/3/Virt.Def.App.plist could not be validated.

I cant find any explanation on forum till now.

Any Idea?

keith_nunn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Tevfik,

This should be in a new thread, really, as it's unrelated to the original discussion now.  However, the error you're getting isn't related to the type of Afaria Client you're using.  Since you're deploying via MDM, you actually wouldn't need the Afaria Client at all to run into the problem you're seeing.

Check KBAs 2049106, 2121329 and 2122252 for potential similar issues.  It would also be good to verify that the application installs properly outside of Afaria.

Thanks,

Keith Nunn
SAP Canada

Message was edited by: Keith Nunn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, if you check the link:

https://ars.yasar.com.tr/ias_relay_server/client/rs_client.dll/ps-afaria/ps2/ps.svc/Package/Content/...

you get a 406 error regarding mime/types. This should be corrected before you can deploy apps using the package server.

you can set you mime-type like this:

.* = application/octet-stream

You may need to do this on both your relay server and on you packageserver

BR

Peter

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SO, If I have App store client, I cant deployp enterprise app or send message.

Rgiht?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The custom signed Afaria Client is needed for:

1) Sending push notifications

2) Jailbreak detection

3) providing OPTIONAL enterprise apps.

The App Store client can do REQUIRED enterprise apps using the MDM protocol, but the end-users can't pick and select which enterprise apps they want.

BR

Peter

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Now, I ask to developer team, They told me we dont have enterprise account. I think thats why I cant do those steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Apple Enterprise Developer Account is needed for this

BR

Peter

keith_nunn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Tevfik,

At least we have an answer that makes sense.  So you'll need to either just use the App Store Afaria Client and not have the push message option or you'll need to upgrade your account.  Just to clarify, however, the APNS certificate and custom-signed Client are not required for MDM control.  The APNS certificate for the app is just a way to send text-only messages to devices that are running the push-enabled app.

Thanks,

Keith Nunn

SAP Canada

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1884295

I try both. Fİrst one not fits as I describe above.

Second one is not work evenI I install created certificate.

keith_nunn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Tevfik,

The second KBA defines how to generate the APNS certificate once you have the APNS-enabled app ID created in the Apple developer portal.  So don't worry about the second one until you have the app ID generated, at least and make sure to enable your app ID for push notifications.  Note that the app's APNS certificate is 1) not the MDM APNS certificate and 2) not the distribution certificate.

Thanks,

Keith Nunn
SAP Canada

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok. I ınvite that guy in my team. Then?

Then I follow other steps.But I see this

as you see there is  no "In-House" section

keith_nunn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Tevfik,

This implies to me that your account is not setup properly.  Either it's lacking certain permissions or it was not generated properly by Apple.  If you have a program admin who added your account to a larger company account, you should discuss with that person.  Otherwise, check with Apple.  For reference, here is a screenshot I took just today from my own.  (note that the option is greyed out because our company account already has a distribution certificate created).

Thanks,

Keith Nunn
SAP Canada

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

to put my  Enterprise (In-house developed) App into iOS device,do I have to need Custom Signed Afaria App?

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

At this page there is an article how to do all those things : Afaria_Custom_App_Instructions_v3

But something changes in real life. Because there is no "In-House" sections on Apple side during create certificate or id something.

No  recent or updated document?

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

This is the latest document we have. Normally I have seen option being grayed out. Did you follow spte # 1 which is adding a Sybase Team member?

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I got this and at the end, I got this:

ERROR   Signing Request Failed. APNS (push) certificate was provided instead of a p12/pfx distribution certificate. 

not very clear for me. What does it  mean?

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I already done this.

This KBA tells only certification part.

It does not tell What should I do next. Where is app, how can create this app and how can I deploy.Those topics are missing

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

KBA # 1884295 contains a link of custom signed app portal from where you can get a documentation on the steps as well as create custom Afaria client right there.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1884295

Thanks,

Sejal

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

There are a couple of things.  First you have to be using the Custom Afaria client as the app store version cannot accept push notifications.  Second you need to generate a push certificate and put that on the Afaria server as well.  Check out https://i7p.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1931188 for  more information.

Tracy Barkley

keith_nunn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The external URL would be https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1931188.

Thanks,

Keith Nunn
SAP Canada