cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade or system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know, Can we do system copy method using NW EHP7.0 binary to migration, instead of upgrade ECC EHP 6.0 to EHP 7.0.

Thanks

Kamaraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1.  If your are planning to upgrade on existing system you can peform upgrade from EHP 6 to 7 - One step

2. If any new hardware first you have to do the Homogeneous system copy method on EHP6 and then perform the upgrade to EHP 7 - Two steps

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram,

I have new hardware with same version. but exiting system is EHP6. Now we need EHP7.

if we do upgrade it's took long time. so I am planning to use homogeneous system copy and install through EHP7.

please let me know this option is possible and going work successfully or not.

if not we will plan to go your second point option.

Thanking you so much your response.

thanks

Kamaraj

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamaraj

If your are having new hardware you have to perform either Homogeneous system copy method with same EHP 6 version and then You can do the EHP 7 upgrade or on your exiting system do the upgrade from EHP 6 to EHP 7 and then perform the new  hardware migration SAP Homogeneous system copy method.

You can't perform the Migration & upgrade together. either one of the activity take please.and also you can read the System copy & SAP upgrade guides from SAP Service Market place. or you can refer the guide based on your SAP version http://service.sap.com//guidefinder (Require SAP Support user id)

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram,

Thanking you very much.

Thanks

kamaraj

Answers (0)