cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2B : ISA,GS and ST Segments Counters in EDI using Number Range Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are using one  NRO objects to populate numbers for ISA/D_I12 & IEA_D_I12 and through graphical mapping we are assigning the generated number to header and trailer segments shown below.

Same like different NRO Objects for (GS ,GE)and (ST, SE) segments to populate D_28 and D_329 in 810.

When It is single IDOC  It fetches the values from the Corresponding NRO objects and passing during run time properly as the number generation happens only once in runtime.

But in case of collective IDOC, then the problem occurs here.I am configuring multipleNumbersPerMessage to generate multiple NRO numbers in a single payload,But the problem is  different numbers are generating and  is assigning as the  $B2B_UEBNR<nroName>$B2B_END_UEBNR is passing to both header and trailer segments because of multipleNumbersPerMessage and thus Header segments does not matches with trailer segment number.

Here the numbers are generating sequentially as many times $B2B_UEBNR<nroName>$B2B_END_UEBNR occurs and header and trailer mismatches.

How can i assign same number of  header segment to trailer segment in this case.?

Or please share any other ideas on control number generation ?Please help.

Regards,

TIBIN JOSEPH

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tibin,

Take a look at

Perhaps you can find a lead or an idea.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dimitri,

Thanks .. ...I applied the same concept of $B2B_UEBNR<NRO Object>$B2B_END_UEBNR &

$B2B_UEBNR_BEFORE<NRO Object>$B2B_END_UEBNR.

But suppose multiple payloads are triggering parallel simultaneously means will it make problem in determining Number's from NRO?.

For Example : Payload 1 and Payload 2.

While assigning Number range using  $B2B_UEBNR<NRO Object>$B2B_END_UEBNR in Payload 1 for ST header segment counter ,now the $B2B_UEBNR_BEFORE<NRO Object>$B2B_END_UEBNR is used to determine the footer SE segment counter of payload 1.

But when Payload 2 is processed in parallel means new number can generate while processing ST header segment counter for Payload 2 using  $B2B_UEBNR<NRO Object>$B2B_END_UEBNR and will is there any chance of applying this number to SE segment counter of Payload 1 using $B2B_UEBNR_BEFORE<NRO Object>$B2B_END_UEBNR .I mean to say if multiple messages are processed parallel in real time will such kind of issue happen?

Regards,

TIBIN JOSEPH

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I remember a similar problem posted within this community. Please do have a search. I'm sure you will find it.