cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO 3.1 WinAD authentication failed error (FWM 00006)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a BusinessObjects Server with 3.1 SP1 and I am getting the following error mesage in eclipse console  when trying to login with Windows AD:

Here is the code used to connect to BO using Windows AD :

ISessionMgr sessionMgr = CrystalEnterprise.getSessionMgr();

enterpriseSession = sessionMgr.logon(bOuser,

bOpassword, bOCms, "secWinAD");

And here is the error message:

Account information not recognized: Active Directory Authentication failed to log you on. Please contact your system administrator to make sure you are a member of a valid mapped group and try again. If you are not a member of the default domain, enter your user name as UserName@DNS_DomainName, and then try again. (FWM 00006)

I worked with other Authentication methods like Enterprise but  this method (WindowsAD) is not working. I tried all the solutions given in KBA's and blogs.

Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue.

Details:

BO 3.1 SP1 

Eclipse

SAP JVM

Windows server 2003

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197488
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balam,

if you're trying it from your own Eclipse dev machine - did you do the following things?

• Provide the java arguments -Djava.security.auth.login.config="c:\path\to\bscLogin.conf" -Djava.security.krb5.conf="c:\path\to\Krb5.ini"
  • Check the files mentioned for a valid configuration
  • Add a spn for your local machine

Not sure if the last one is important for AD or just for SSO, but the others are required.

Hope that helps.

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan ,

Thank you for your reply ,

I'm working on a local machine and i can connect to the BO tools like Designer and Deski, however i don't have access to the server's configuration which is on an other machine(remote machine) .

I think the configuration is all right because i can logon into infoView with "secWinAD"  authentification method.

former_member197488
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balam,

then this might be a problem. Those tools don't require the mentioned files.

Did you try the RichClient logon with secWinAD? This should give you the same error message.

Those files don't contain sensitive informations - you should try to get them from your Server administrator.

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan ,

thank you again for your help,

I tried Webi RichClient logon with secWinAD  and It  works without error, the issue still  when i want to logon with a Swing Gui with the code :

ISessionMgr sessionMgr = CrystalEnterprise.getSessionMgr();

enterpriseSession = sessionMgr.logon(bOuser,

bOpassword, bOCms, "secWinAD");

What do you think? Is there a problem in my code or I'm missing maybe something regarding the configuration or is it something else?

former_member197488
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balam,

I would still guess that it is cause of the configuration, but I don't have the option to check if your code works without the files.

Maybe someone else is able to help you.

Sorry..

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jan ,

Just one other question please , the files you mentioned should be on machine local or on remote machine (machine of server ) , so if i get them what i can  do with those files in dev machine ? there is any code to add in java ? like :

if(System.getProperty("java.security.auth.login.config") == null) {

String jaasConfigFile = null;

URL jaasConfigURL = this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResource("login.conf");

if(jaasConfigURL != null) {

jaasConfigFile = jaasConfigURL.getFile();

}

System.setProperty("java.security.auth.login.config", jaasConfigFile);

}

System.setProperty("java.security.auth.login.config","c:\path\To\file.conf");

before submit the connexion ?

former_member197488
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi balam,

I just wrote this sample code - I don't have a working example as we hide this function in a library our company develops. But it should work something like that:

public class Example {

private static final String JAVA_SECURITY_KRB5_CONF = "java.security.krb5.conf";

private static final String KRB5_PATH = "c:\\windows\\Krb5.ini";

private static final String JAVA_SECURITY_AUTH_LOGIN_CONFIG = "java.security.auth.login.config";

private static final String BSC_LOGIN_PATH = "c:\\windows\\bsclogin.conf";

public void doLogon(...) {

System.setProperty(JAVA_SECURITY_AUTH_LOGIN_CONFIG, BSC_LOGIN_PATH);

System.setProperty(JAVA_SECURITY_KRB5_CONF, KRB5_PATH);

/** Your login code goes here */

}

}

You need the files on your local machine - at least for your tests. But they already should be on your server.

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan ,

I tested the WindAD method on local machine with creation of  2 files that you mentioned before , also i put the code below in my java method . finally it works well  without any configuration on remote machine .

Thank you for your help again .

Answers (0)