cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM SC backend error : ME 218 External document number XXXXX already assigned.

vipra
Participant
0 Kudos

SRM Experts,

We are facing a problem in our system for SCs.

We have the classic scenario with a SRM 7.01 and ECC 4.5B version.

The shopping carts in SRM randomly fail with backend errors some of the shopping carts fail with back end error "W5 107" and when it is reprocessed in application monitors, the error "ME 218 External document number XXXXX already assigned" is shown.

The PO document is created in the backend but the SC document is not updated with the backend document link.

It always shows the error message "ME 218".

we are unable to process these carts.

Need your suggestions for proceeding further.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VG Prasad

Please note the error could be due to a lot of reasons I created a similar post in the past

and investigated to found out that there could be a couple of issues

"W5 107"  and "ME 218"  Could be due to vendor currency is different from PO currency and is not being maintained in the exchange rate table hence the PO is not being created. You should change the vendor currency to PO currency and then replicate the vendor to SRM to be able to do so .. or maintain the ex rate for the same..in the respective tables TCURR  etc ..

- OR  due to number ranges mismatch in both SRM & R/3

If the above 2 does not resolve your issue you may have to put a debug point for either one of the

Classes in that the BAPI_PO_CREATE1 and check in debug mode to see where is this error coming from..

CL_BBP_BS_ADAPTER_PO_CRT_ERP10

CL_BBP_BS_ADAPTER_PO_CRT_470_1

I had also opened a post in the past for a similar issue

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3655404

Regards

Vinita

vipra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

Thank you for your response.

We do not have the issue with currency of PO and Vendor.

The SC ends with "W5 107 Purchasing document XXXX does not exist" is shown whereas the PO document is created in the backend but the history of the SC is not updated with the PO number.

The obj links are not established in BBP_PD for the shopping cart.

Hence when the same SC is reprocessed the backend error "ME218 External document number XXX already exists".

Hence I am not very sure how to proceed with this.

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Prasad

I suggest you check again ..the Number must be generated but the PO actually would not have been created .. in ME23n .. Or the PO exists in ECC ?

Also do you see the number in the field Follow on Document in SC in BBp_PD when you click on item level data ?

If its only a linkage problem then I suggest you to run the report clean_req_req and BBP_GET_status2

manually again ..But from my exp it is generally not able to create the PO in the backend is when this error comes

Regards

Vinita

vipra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

For some SC's the PO number exists in BBP_PD item level and the document is not created. When i reprocess such case, the PO is generated and SC is updated correctly.

For some of the SC's the PO number exists in BBP_PD and the PO document is created in backend but the SC still shows the "error in transmission". These type of carts remain in error and do not get updated even with report clean_req_req and BBP_GET_status2.

Regards,

Prasad.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi VG Prasad;

We are experiencing EXACTLY the same issue you had described (  PO document is created in backed but the SC there's no linkage created in BBP_PD) . My question to you; How did you fix it? ... or what was the reason for this system behavior.?  I really will appreciate any input from your side.

Regards

William

vipra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Please let me know the SRM and ECC versions.

If both the systems are compatible then you will have to check the number ranges .

If systems are not compatible like how I had mentioned in my 1st post then you can try the suggested solution from note-187687 - BAPI_PO_CREATE and COMMIT WORK.

I have implemented this note and the issue is resolved.

The system given ME719 error messages which get processed through background update jobs.

Regards,

VG Prasad.