cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart formatting functionality is missing from my designer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For reference: I am running Visual Studio 2010, .NET 4.0, and Crystal Reports v 13.0.

I created a bar chart and am having an issue adding a trend line and other formatting (axes, colors) besides the basic chart functionality. After searching through various online resources, it seems as if I'm missing a lot of formatting functionality. When I right click on the chart in the designer, I'm supposed to see multiple formatting options such as "Trend Lines" and instead I only see "Chart Options" and "Chart Expert", which don't have formatting options described in various forums I've read through. Could I have forgotten a Reference? I reference CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, CrystalDecisions.ReportSource, CrystalDecisions.Shared, CrystalDecisions.Web. I'm fairly new to crystal reports and would appreciate insight you may have.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the older version of the Crystal SDK that was installed with VS installed on your computer?  If so, uninstall it.  Make sure that the CrystalDecisions references in your project are the version 13.x assemblies.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Dell. The version I have installed is 13.0.0.99 and the references in the project are for version 13.0.2000.0

Could that be the issue?

I appreciate your help.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur

Sounds like you are using the CR designer in the VS IDE. That designer is not as fully featured as the stand-alone designer. What I'd suggest is downloading CR 2013 eval and create your reports there. These will run just fine using the CR SDK for .NET. The eval is here:

http://www.sap.com/solutions/sapbusinessobjects/sme/freetrials/index.epx

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ludek. Appreciate your help! Will look into this.

Answers (0)