cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Order without any Batch Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to create the transfer order without any batch?

I want to select the batch during the picking with the help of RF.

I am using the Fixed bin Strategy and dont want the batch determination at all. Previously there was FIFO Strategy for the storage type and the batch is getting determined.

I have changed the batch determination to Fixed bin and I have not maintained any condition records in LS51

Appreciate you help

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you isolate the issue?

I mean instead of RF try it manually online

instead of batch managed item, try one without batch management.

I am actually the opinion that it doesn't have to do anything with either one, it is just standard way of TO creation. When you create a TO you need to enter an item, and then either you have strategies to find a quant automatically or you enter one manually. And a quant has all information including the batch number.

You can't just have a TO header and add the item based on your picking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently the strategy is FIFO for the storage type

The problem they are facing is that, batch is getting determined automatically with FIFO say in the below manner.

TO - 1      Batch 1     - Qty 5

TO - 2      Batch 2     - Qty 5

TO - 3      Batch 3     - Qty 5

The picking lists are getting printed on the network printer, Warehouse user has the opportunity to over write the batch (reason being, they don't want to pull the box which is at the bottom of the pallet)

Warehouse user carrying the picklist related to TO - 3 and tries to scan the batch 1 as that is available on the top of the pallet. If the stock of Batch 3 is only 5 in the warehouse, since it allocated to the TO - 3, stock available is Zero which is the standard message.

This is happening a lot, because of the flexibility provided for the warehouse user to overwrite the batch.

That is the reason, I want to check if TO can be created and without any batch, and while picking or during the confirmation the batch can assigned and confirm the TO

Based on your explanation, I think it is not possible to create the TO without all the line item details like the Quant. Correct me if I am wrong.

Please suggest me if there is any other way I can handle this situation

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I actually see here other issues and I am not sure if I would like to sanction them by looking for an alternative in picking.

I would like to ask first for what reason your material is batch managed.

If that has to do with quality and expiration dates, then an approach to mix it with older batches, even putting new batches on top of the old batches so that they cannot be picked easily should be restricted, as this practice leads to the fact that only the last batch is picked and the older batch is always left and becomes even older and at some day expired.

Further you should not allow to have the people pick quantities that are already allocated to other TOs, as this automatically leads to corrections in 2 TOs.

If you create the TO after/while picking, then you have no corrections. Means if you create the TO by a function module call in the moment you scan it then it should actually work as you want. But this means you will miss another part in the process: the planning of your work.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

explore the possibility of using bulk storage provided your physical storage support that, using bulk storage u r allowed to pick SU as per your choice @ the time of picking