cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Download Manager Error

former_member203007
Participant
0 Kudos

I recently set up the Download Manager on my new PC (Win7 Pro 64-bit). For some reason I get an error when I try to run or uninstall the application that says:

Now by running the following command in a cmd prompt I can actually start the Download Manager:

java -classpath "DLManager.jar" dlmanager.Application

However what I'm looking for is a way to uninstall/reinstall the application so it runs correctly and I don't need to use the cmd prompt every time. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this issue yesterday on one of my windows server. The problem actually is with Java.

Download the below java version and re-install the Download Manager.

http://filehippo.com/download_jre_64/tech/7930/

Also, don't forget to change the compatibility mode while installing Download Manager.

Right click on the Install.exe(download manager) icon and select properties. Goto compatibility tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode" option; there select "Windows 7" and click Apply.

regards,

pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried the above one??

former_member203007
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, that's actually what I tried before I even posted on here but to no avail. In the end, it's not a HUGE deal as I can always use the DL Manager on other PC's I have access to, so maybe it's not worth investigating further...it's just kind of annoying that an application would basically be UN-uninstallable (not a word I know lol) and could only be used via cmd prompt. I installed it on my laptop with all the same versions and settings (didn't even need the compatibility settings) and everything worked fine, so who knows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sounds like the issue that you've hit is due to not selecting the relevant Java version in the second step of the install process, so when DM install is finalised everything is set-up correctly so that the runtime works okay.

Try re-downloading and install over the top of itself (though don't forget to right click the .exe install file and set compatibility mode to Windows 7) and follow the stages but ensure you select the relevant JRE version.

I hit the same issue, and this worked for me, though I haven't attempted to uninstall.

Good luck!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this: Right-click the install.exe file and select Properties. Click the Compatibility’tab. Check the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows 7 from the drop-down menu and click Apply. Run the installation as normal.

Refer these:

--dj

former_member203007
Participant
0 Kudos

No sir, that does not work. I think the problem is that it was already installed and is messed up so installing on top does nothing. I need a way to uninstall it completely and start from scratch...

...I wonder if having Java 8.25 has anything to do with it...maybe it's not compatible? 

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Boen

Just define the JAVA_HOME on your system environment variable and then check the SAP Downloader.

BR

SS

former_member203007
Participant
0 Kudos

And where is the JAVA_HOME variable set?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On your Windows My computer properties - Environment variable- in the system variables -

JAVA_HOME= (Bin folder of JAVA)

former_member203007
Participant
0 Kudos

Did not work it seems...I set the variable as such, is this correct?

Variable name: JAVA_HOME

Variable value: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin

It's kind of annoying you cannot even uninstall this SAP DL Manager application =/

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes parameters are correct. Could you refer the installation steps & Windows 7 compatible mode

SAP Download Manager - Help | SAP Support Portal

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows - Windows Help

BR