cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Sourcing/CLM: External Directory Configuration inconsistency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Please, find attached the configuration of the External Directory I have made in Dev environment.

I don't want the sellside users to login so I have set below property:

Apart from the property, a custom mail configuration has been made to avoid the sellside users to receive any email.

Now, I want to create a primary contact inside the supplier and I find below settings.

- Enable user to login = TRUE. This flag needs to be checked as it is required to create the primary contact. If it is not checked the system will throw the error message 'The primary contact must be able to log on'

- Create directory account = TRUE: This flag needs to be checked as it is required to have the 'Enable user to login' field available to be checked and not grayed out.

Now, I am going to unflag 'Send Notification' (just in case, because as I said before a custom mail configuration has been made to avoid the sellside users to receive any email) and click on SAVE. This is what I get:

Now all the flags related to the Account Maintenance are not checked.

Why were they required before SAVING and now, once SAVED all of they have been unchecked?

Furthermore, I am able to import a primary contact via workbook with all the flags unchecked so why am I having some UI validations that are not existing with importing the workbook?

Thanks for your support in advance.

Regards,

Laura

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

The UI validations are actually correct.  It really makes little sense to create a new user without a directory account and further having a primary contact that isn't allow to login also doesn't make much sense.  The fact the import is less strict than the UI is a bit confusing but not uncommon.  There are several places in the application we are able to do things with the importer that you cannot do with the UI.

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand what you say, yes, it makes sense when you are creating a user, in this case, a primary contact, to create a directory account for that user and also, allow the user to login.

However, why are they getting unchecked after saving? That is what I do not understand. Why are they required, as validations, when creating the user but once saved, they are not required anymore?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Laura

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok I think I can explain that.  These checkboxes are controlled by the UI. For instance once you use the create directory account it gets unchecked and greyed out. The reason is you really could not create another account in the directory with the same name.  The other two get unchecked because you don't necessarily want to do these again next time the account gets saved.  So in effect they are "one shot" selections or really just actions. They can be used again but they would need to be manually activated.   All these "rules" / UI behavior are not duplicated in imports.

Regards,

Gary

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

a couple other things....  The state of these checkboxes in general is also controlled by the stings in the directory configuration. For instance if you are not allowed to create accounts in the directory the create directory account will be greyed out. If you are not allowed to reset PW that will also get greyed out. 

Answers (0)