cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the version of the Crystal runtime required by a VS2013 Project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Windows Forms project, initially created several years ago.  When VS2012 was released we upgraded the project to us CR 13.0.2, and all was fine.  The problem we now have is we want to use the latest 13.0.12 version.

I installed the latest upgrade from the SAP site, and the file version in the Programs folder is 13.0.12 as I would expect.

In my VS project the project references the DLLs in the Programs folder, but it states they are version13.0.2. 

In addition, when I install the app on an end users system, it still insists that we install the 13.0.2 version of the runtime, not the required 13.0.12 version.

I have tried removing all version of Crystal Reports from my computer, and just installing 13.0.12, the project run in debugging, but on end users still wants 13.0.2 runtime.

I have tried removing the references from the project, as adding them by browsing to the 13.0.12 dll files in the programs folder.  Still it wants the 13.0.2 runtime.

Can someone please tell me how I get it to use the 13.0.12 runtime?  I have been trying different options on and off for weeks, but getting nowhere.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

This does not really make much sense.

I am pretty sure if I compile the app using SP 12 on my dev PC and the runtime is SP 0, the app will run just fine. Only issue may be that any fixes done between DP 0 and SP 12 will obviously not be there.

So, what is the actual error you are getting on the runtime PC?

Next, this part is weird:

In my VS project the project references the DLLs in the Programs folder, but it states they are version13.0.2.

The dlls used by the project should be from this directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86

Assemblies should be references from the GAC.

E.g.; define "DLLs in the Programs folder" please.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for the feedback. 

What I experienced previously was if I try to run a program compiled using Sp12, and I had installed Sp12 runtime, I would receive a message saying references not found when I tried to load a report.  But if I installed the 13.0.2 version of the runtime, it would work fine.

I think I need to do some more research and trials on our test bed computers.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Answers (0)