cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while Logging to BODS 4.2 SP03

0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are facing very weird issue in our project.We have been recently upgraded our  BODS to 4.2 SP03 from 4.1 SP03.With this upgrade we are having trouble to login with the designer in 32 bit where we are able to login on 64 bit.SO its BODS 4.2 SP03 specific to 64 bit version.I am attaching the screen shot for the error we are facing.Please lets us know the reason for the same.The details of the system where we are facing issue in the designer:-\

OS-Windows 7 SP1(32 BIT)

SAP data services -4.2 SP03

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried a reinstallation of the client? It sounds like an error in some config files or something like that.

Another possibility is, that there is an error at the connection. Because the 64bit client works and the 32bit does not, there is maybe a wrong configuration at the ODBC driver (there are 2 configurations, 32bit and 64bit).

0 Kudos

Dear Severin,

we tried reinstalling many times.But we are getting the same error on every machine

vnovozhilov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

What exactly the symptoms please? Is there anything in Event Viewer?

I came across (at least) two on-going incidents with similar symptoms (unable to start x32 Designer).

Would you please describe it in more details as it appears to be something we need to bring to attention of DEV.

Thank you,

Viacheslav.

0 Kudos

Dear Viacheslav,

We recently upgraded the BODS to 4.2 SP03 .I opening well in 64 bit a bit slow though,but in the 32 bit it not even  opening ,also after half an hour if gives error out of memory and unable to load dataflow and shut down abruptly.We are facing this issue in this upgrade only.Our system details are :-

OS-windows 7 SP1

RAM-4Gb

Processor -Intel i5 2.97 ghz

HDD-500 GB

I think this configuration is even FOR designer to run.but don't understand why really itsn not opening.we have rasied a case with SAP also,but they are asking lot of things but not able to provide answer though.

Thanks and regards,

Pranit

0 Kudos

Dear Viacheslav,

we have not nothing in the event viewer during the logging to designer.

Thanks and regards,

Pranit

vnovozhilov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Have you tried to run x32 Designer in "Compatibility Mode"? What is the outcome?

Thank you,

Viacheslav.

0 Kudos

Dear Viacheslav,

In the compatibility mode also no success.Can you please elaborate your means of Compatibility Mode"????.We ran 64 bit set up in 32 bit but still issue persists.

Thanks & Regards,

Pranit Shroff

vnovozhilov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I have filed the escalation request for the issues with x86 Designer in 14.2.3, once approved I will post the KBA to follow,

Thank you,

Viacheslav.

vnovozhilov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

DHR has been sent to DEV, they are looking into this issue now. Please follow KBA 2112612, I will update it with the latest info.

Thank you,

Viacheslav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your RAM is 4 GB and how many cores?

0 Kudos

Dear Arun,

We have 2 core.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should have a minimum of 8 cores.

0 Kudos

Dear Viacheslav,

Thanks a lot for your help and taking the incident up to the development team.WE appreciate it and look forward for the resolution.

Thanks & Regards,

Pranit Shroff

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello together,

why should he have a least 8 cores? It is just the client installation, not the server component. However, a system with 4GB RAM and 8 Cores does not make sense, too.

Regards

Severin

0 Kudos

Dear Arun,

Then how come 64 bit is working fine on the same core.As per PAM for designer 4 GB ram and 2 core is sufficient.

Thanks & Regards,

Pranit Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so its a client installation i did not read your initial post sorry my bad. If you have a server component you need to have a minimum of 8 cores. I have 8 GB RAM with 4 cores having server component with occasional designer crashes for any resource intensive operation. Not just DS, this is required for all BO tools.