cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve the equipments installed within a FLOC (performance issue)?

j_madariaga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, gurus:

We are facing programs when trying to retrieve a huge number of equipments.

The scenario is: we select every equipment that is allocated in functional locations whose structure indicator is X.

We use V_EQUI view in order to find those functional locations but due to the high number of equipments, we get a dump.

Could anybody tell us how to retrieve this information without getting a dump? We tried BAPIs, etc but nothing worked. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member215526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi J Madariaga,

Please test these functions "PMEX_0EQUIPMENT" for equipment and "PMEX_0FUNCT_LOC" for function location if can help you.

Regards,

Xavier

j_madariaga
Participant
0 Kudos

Nor does that solution work. Those BAPIs take too long because of the high number of equipments&functional locations (> 15 millions).

It seems only a simple select could work, we tend to think any BAPI would take too long.

The other only option we are taking into account is modifying the approach (select lesser equipments, etc.)

Thanks and best regards,

J

j_madariaga
Participant
0 Kudos

Any other idea regarding selects to different tables or whatever?

former_member215526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madariaga,

Please can you tell us what do you want to do? I mean, I understand you want to found all equipment installed in the functional location X, but this information is for some user report or extract this information for external analyse, ...

I asked you that may be someone have another idea process to do your final request.

And your dump is for TIME_OUT or too many rows?

Regards,

Xavier

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How about trying  ITOB table (DB view) by passing the TPLKZ (Structure Indicator) and DATBI (Valid to '31129999').

j_madariaga
Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, ITOB table does not seem to fit our requirements.

There are also too many entries for that table (due to the high number of slice times for each equipment).

Any other idea?

Best regards,

J

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ignore my previous reply and try this. I have just tested this through SQVI. Few lakhs of Equipments took a minute to retrieve.

Selection screen

This, if translated into select syntax, becomes

select equnr from iflos inner join v_equi on iflos-tplnr = v_equi-tplnr into table it_equnr where tplkz = 'A' and datbi = '99991231'.

Hope this helps

KJogeswaraRao

j_madariaga
Participant
0 Kudos

That solution does not work either, unfortunately. We just included the mentioned inner join (with an additional custom table, because we had another condition for the select) and there are far too many entries.

Best regards,
J

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then the problem does not seem to be the data volume. Any way, best of luck.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

J,

Are you entering DATBI = '31129999' in your V_EQUI selection.

PeteA

j_madariaga
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, indeed.

We tried looking in EQUZ with DATBI = 31.12.9999 in order to get the ILOAN field and then go to ILOA table, but there is still a huge number of entries for that selection.

We also tried using BAPIs in order to get the functional locations where the equipments are installed, but it takes far too long and a dump is raised.

Thanks and best regards,

J