cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO Windows AD username is different to SAP username

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently reviewing the documentation for SSO.

A question I have or more of an issue is that the username for Windows AD is different to the SAP username. I want to configure SSO with BI 4.1 with SAP BW.

If I enter as an alias the SAP username will this be passed to the SAP system and use the BW authorisations?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Leo,

in case the usernames are identical then the aliases are assigned automatically.

in case the usernames are not identical, then you will have to do the alias assignment manually and your SSO should work then.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to do add an alias assignment to a SAP User with an enterprise user and I cannot find the enterprise user. Should this be possible?

I am am able to add a LDAP user to a SAP User so tried logging in as the LDAP user. Then I tried connecting to a BICs connection which had the setting SSO.

I got the following error - the items below in bold i have replaced to not show the sever details used at my client:

com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.CommunicationException$UnexpectedServerException: [[error.openSapBwBrowsingSessionFailed] 0] <<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><ConnectionString>

<Properties>

<Initial Catalog>CUBE</Initial Catalog>

<Language>en_US</Language>

<Data Source>SERVER</Data Source>

<Cube Type>Cube</Cube Type>

<SaveLanguage>true</SaveLanguage>

<Initial Cube>CUBE</Initial Cube>

<TargetProvider>SAPNETWEAVER7X</TargetProvider>

<NetworkLayer>SAPBW_BICS</NetworkLayer>

<Authentication Mode>2</Authentication Mode>

</Properties>

<ExtendedProperties>

<JCO_ASHOST>SERVER</JCO_ASHOST>

<SapLoginMode>0</SapLoginMode>

<JCO_R3NAME>SERVER ID</JCO_R3NAME>

<JCO_CLIENT>CLIENT</JCO_CLIENT>

<JCO_SYSNR>00</JCO_SYSNR>

<JCO_LANG>EN</JCO_LANG>

</ExtendedProperties>

</ConnectionString>>

Any ideas?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note: i havent yet setup the "SAP SSO Service." This should work otherwise? Correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, this should work if you have configured sso between BIP and SAP BW including the certificate exchange (STS).

You will not be able to add an alias to a SAP user which is an enterprise user. When using enterprise users you will always have to add the other users as an alias. The enterpise user will always be in the lead.

regards,

Sebastian Hofbüker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - I havent set up STS/SNC as yet. I will try this and see if this resolves my issues.

Cheers,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have now tried to do this with a SAP user and BO Enterprise user. For example, the enterprise user is:

johnj and the sap user is jjohn.

When I try and add an alias to the SAP user by pressing "Add Alias" - i get a list of SAP users.  When I try and when i select "create new alias" i can only create an with the same userid?!

Seems like i can only create an alias with a different user as an AD/LDAP/SAP user? Which is fine but i just want to test whether the SAP authentication works if i logged in with an alias user (not the SAP one).

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - it looks like i need to add the alias to the Enterprise user rather than the other way round.