cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove/Replace Deleted User referanced in Operations of Work Order or other objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have search though SCN, and cant seem to find a topic or question in regards to this....I hope others can chime in or share a solution

When a User is deleted from the system due to retirement or leaving the company...  His user name is still referanced in Work Orders, opetrtions, as PR approver, or requestioner in Open and Closed documents..  Affect items I see are Wo, notifications, Taslklists, Mainteance plans etc..

I see the same thing when we refresh our Dev Landscapes and a user exist in PRD but not in test system..

A Workaround is to simply, when opening a wo, or importing a tasklists, to replace the deleted user, but does not seem practical, and if object is closed, it cant be done, and you cant view the varies part s of the WO, as it wants you to update this field before moving on..

Any help or Best parctises in deleting a user would be helpful....

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nominally, You never delete users.  You close and lock them administratively.  Your problem with their names being on work orders and such is exactly why.  The fact that they retired does not change the fact that they originally did the work.  Their user name could be theoretically archived, when all of their work order and such have been archived, and not before.

Neal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neal,  would not deleting them, and only closing and locking them lead to any securty risk or concerns?

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maarten,

This is my personal opinion based on locking it.

This belong to HR Master data, they will set the personal number has employee is withdrawn and this will be the master data stored. Even though you lock it, system will prompt you when you are saving the work order.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Terrance , I do not understand.....Is deleting the username also deleting the the perosonal number?

what wil the system prompt for when saving?

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maarten,

When you have a user ID, this will have corresponding personal number. If the employee is withdrawn / resigned, system will prompt the invalid message in project.

I am not sure how much it is good to delete the user name, it is an history for you.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our standard is that permanently locked userID's have their end date set.  The only way to reset the end date is to have permission to change a userID.  That is a closely held role here.

If you are still concerned, then alternatively, you have to be concerned that someone will recreate the userID.

PS: Sorry I've been away for so long!

Neal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maarten,

We have faced the same issue with one of our client.

We have created a Z program to change the personal number from work order.

Then we have built a custom logic to check the personal number is valid on work order save.

You cannot make any changes with the Closed orders, it will carry the same personal number since the person was working for that operation when the work order is open, so we do not want to change the person number.

We didn't take any other clients like development or Quality, due to the space capacity only certain part of data is transferred from production. which in turn will not have all personal numbers, so we used to get the valid person and assign in development and quality.

Regards

Terence