cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task Release not allowed in Quality Notification (Error: IM260)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am trying to test a security role for my Quality Notification and trying to release the task for items.

The current Task Status: TSOS and User Status: INIT. When I try to release the task the system gives error "Status not allowed"

Description of the problem:

Message no: IM260

Diagnosis:

This refers to an error in central status management

Procedure:

Please refer to your system administrator

When I try to release the task in Development client it works fine, the issues only arises for the role testing.

I checked all my configuration looks fine. The basis guy says the issue might be with configuration and the SU53 results are bogus.

Any help in resolving the issue will help me greatly.

Further, I also checked other similar post in the community but it did not help me solve the issue.

Attached few screen shots

Thanks,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Please correct my understanding here. It seems, this problem is happening ONLY in quality system where you are testing the "Q-notific./task profile 001 = ZQM_T_01".

In that case, you can check the below config in both the systems -

Quality Management => Environment => Central Functions => General Status Management => Define Status Profile = ZQM_T_01. Go inside this status profile and I believe "INIT" will be the default/initial status selected. Now please also check if all the other statuses (V_TJ30-TXT04) are having 'Lowest Status No' (V_TJ30-NSONR) same or different.

If they are different, then please can you try flagging these values "same" for all. After that test your task release process and confirm if this approach is working.

Else, you may again take help form your Security/Basis consultant to check if there is any other values fixed as "INIT" which is blocking the task release.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Airijit,

I tried by changing all the other statuses to Lowest Status No. and also flagging the values same for all. But the same problem exists with same Error (IM 260)

Further, I am having an issue in security role testing that is created by basis in Quality client.          The release task for items is working fine in development environment.

Do I have to set up any Selection Profile or something...

If not I will have to check with my basis team if they assigned the Status Profile properly for the security role.

Thanks,

Sai

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

You can try the below option -

Config: Plant Maintenance and Customer Service => Maintenance and Service Processing => Maintenance and Service Notifications => Notification Processing => User Status for Notifications =>

1. Define Status Profile -

a) Define User Status Profile for Notifications => ZQM_T_01 - You will get to see the "Auth Code" against the language dependent user status. Example like INIT,  FREI, SPER, STOR in DE language. While creating, this will be blank.

b) Assign User Status to Notification Types => Assign the status profile ZQM_T_01 against the tasks.

2. Create Authorization Keys for User Status Authorizations - Create a Auth Key and maintain a relevant text.

Now once these two things are done, please go back to 1.a) Define User Status Profile for Notifications => select the status profile ZQM_T_01, then add Auth Code/Auth Code against your statuses.

Once these things are done, please check with your Basis/Security consultant to provide authorization to this Auth Key and add it in your test user T_QCM.

Please check these details and let me know if this is working for you.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

I have already created a Status Profile with ZQM_T_01 and assigned user statuses and assigned these Status profile to Notification types.

How will it help to create Auth Key. I have no specific group that I have to restrict in the company who will have access to specific tasks.

Thanks

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Auth Key is the element against which I believe Basis/Security team will provide authorization. While designing security roles, this point will be considered and after that role will be assigned to the users. So please can you check with Basis/Security team to add the security roles on the Auth Key.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Arijit,

Definitely, will check my basis team. Created a Auth Role and assigned that against all the user statuses.

Will see if it works.

Thanks

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Please let us know if your issue is solved now.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thanks for checking. The basis team is doing some upgrades and we are all locked out.

I am waiting for the upgrades to finish and further informed the basis team regarding the newly created Auth. Role that i assigned against all the user statuses.

Once i get the access to the client, they want me to release the task and will look for the trace.

I will keep you informed about the update and ask will ask if any issues arises again.

Thanks,

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Do you have any further updates on this issue.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Still there is no update yet. The system update will be done today.

I will update you once i discuss it with my basis team.

Thanks for checking with me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Wish you a new year 2015.

I checked with my basis team today for releasing the task for the role.

I was able to release the task but not able to complete the task. I get the IM260 error.

I was able to complete the task for that role when the security is given to SAP_ALL. The security guy gave access to B_USERST_T auth. object for that testing role but it does not work. Further asking for access to Auth. Object in the screen shot below

Screen shot for SU53 attached

Is there something that has to be changed in the configuration? I added the Authorization key as you suggested.
Please provide your input.

Thanks

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Happy new year to you too.

Well there is no further control via QM configuration is pending now.

Initially you had issues in releasing (TSRL) the task and now you are facing the issue with task closing task (TSCO).

Please can you ask your Basis team to double check and assign the authorization to the Same "Auth Key" for task closing activity too.

SAP_ALL has access to everything (Maintained with * I believe) so it works well. Now if the same auth key is added in the same role, with appropriate value (like 1, 2,..), it should work.

Please check and confirm.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

What do you mean by adding the appropriate value (like 1, 2...) .

Can you elaborate on that

Thanks

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Values like *, 0, 1, 2... are the values I believe is associated with user authorization like All, read, write,...etc. This input was more for the Basis /Security team to look into your security role associated with TSRL and TSCO and provide the right authorization.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks for the input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

The issue is resolved.

They did SU24 (maintain assignment of authorization object). They added the Auth Object : B_USERST_T to the security role for the Tcodes : QM01 and QM02.

Now I am able to release the task, complete the task and further assign a user status such as Accept or Reject for that task status.

Thanks for patiently responding to my questions. 

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandeep.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simple question...

Give authorization to user.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well it is a simple question, but had some issues with Basis regarding the Auth. object.

I explained the problem in the earlier post.

Thanks