cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users locks unlocks ocasionally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

I have SAP Portal 7.0, occasionally user are locked and unlocked automatically. I reviewed the traces of defaultrace and directory work and I see no a error. I saw in the /nwa (logs and traces) as the users is successfully authenticated and can not the locked. Can you help me to see where I can see the errors, mistakes lock users?

Thank very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems the user you are using is being used implicitly in some authentication process.

You must have changed the password of this user in past but forgot to update this password in that implicit authentication process.

Therefore, after few unsuccessfully login attempts, your user is getting locked automatically.

Now unlocking might be happening due to auto unlock feature enables in your portal.

This happens due to below property :

Auto Unlock Time (Minutes)

Enter the number of minutes after which the system automatically unlocks a user account, after the user was locked due to failed log on attempts.

Enter 0 to deactivate this option. The user remains locked until unlocked by an administrator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

Where change this parameter? Auto Unlock Time

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

one question. If I have blocked users in the system will unlock those users not correct?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

didnt' got this question

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I have blocked users in the system will unlock those users, right?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a clause :

"after the user was locked due to failed log on attempts"

Therefore this will not affect users that you have blocked

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,,,

If you are using LDAP as user database then ask your network team to check the network policy and password policy.

Thanks & Regards,

Meghal Shah