cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLFL status on Equipment vs Inventory on hand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I would like to block the possibility to put DLFL status on Equipment/Serial number with IQ02 or IE02 who have stock on  hand (s/n with status ESTO)

Do you know how to do that?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Lucille,

Try to create an Equipment User Status Profile in OIBS with a User Status such as BDEL "Block deletion" and make that status Set when the status ESTO is set (I'm unable to name the relevant business transaction without looking it up,but there is bound to be one if there is a System Status, I think...)

Then for the User Status make the business transactions mentioned by Forbidden.

•      INAK - Set object inactive
  •      INAZ - Reset object inactive
  •      LVMS - Mark for deletion
  •      LVMZ - Remove deletion flag

The idea being to set & unset BDEL whenever ESTO is set / unset. Then BDEL becomes your transaction control for setting the Inactivity or Deletion Flags.

Another way of doing this,and one that should not be mentioned in good company, is using the t-code BS22 to edit the System Status ESTO itself, but I would advise against making changes to a System Status, this can mess up your system badly...

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I checked, and unfortunately, this idea is not workable, as it seems it is not possible to have an Equipment status set automatically by a goods movement of a serialised material.

You can however Forbid the goods movements, so maybe you could create two stati, one ADEL (blocking the goods movements) and BDEL for blocking deletions, and then they would need to be set manually in IE02. But this seems cumbersome for your end users.

Alternatively, you could try to activate a user exit IQSM0007 Serial numbers, user exit for goods movements to set a status BDEL on the Equipment after a goods movement.

But, if you are going to develop anyway, you might as well use the ready solution provided by Mr Jogeswara Rao Kavala

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lucille,

To complete my reply in terms of user-exit IEQM0003, I am giving the code to be put here, which produces the error message shown below when user sets DLFL status to an Equipment with ESTO status and then tries to Save. Means he will not be able to set DLFL for an Equipment with ESTO status.

Error pop-up

The code to be put in the include ZXEQMU02

Best of luck

KJogeswaraRao

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Should be possible with user-exit IEQM0003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer, but unfortunately this is an exit that I have checked already. It seems to be triggered on the save but not on setting the deletion flag.

former_member215526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lucille Berthiaume,

You can also control this with the following authorization roles.

For Inactive or active mark deletion flag to the equipment

Objet: I_BETRVORG

Field Name BETRVORG (INAK,INAZ,LVMS,LVMZ)

•      INAK - Set object inactive
  •      INAZ - Reset object inactive
  •      LVMS - Mark for deletion
  •      LVMZ - Remove deletion flag

Regards,

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

Thank you for your answer but with the object as you mentioned it does not take into account if there is stock or not.  The person has or has no access without consideration to the stock on hand.

Am I correct with my statement?

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

The idea is to use this exit to prevent the SAVE event, if the ETSO equipment is set DLFL status. (Capturing the DLFL setting event is a bit tricky here, but not difficult for ABAPers). If the requirement is achieved through OIBS as other friends mentioned , it should be preferred.

former_member215526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lucille,

Yes, it's correct your consideration "The person has or has no access without consideration to the stock on hand."

There are different solutions depending on the stringency of control.

My first idea was by procedure and control by role only, I mean was only one person or qualified persons can make this change of state.

The second I can propose and more hard in ABAP is to modify the program in some Enhancement and and put this code " SET PF-STATUS <> Excluding <>."

http://www.sts.tu-harburg.de/teaching/sap_r3/ABAP4/set_pf_s.htm

This will give in gray the GUI bottom or option do you need control.

Regards,

Xavier