Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Table for getting the text details of the Org values?

former_member144617
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is their any table or a way in SAP where we can see the text for all the org values .

Let suppose if plant org filed has some value like 1001 and with the name as (Head Office Australia)...so i want to see whole full details for all the org values in SAP??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Pranjal

As mentioned already, organisational values are typically taken from IMG Configuration (plants, company codes, sales org, etc) and sometimes master data (cost centre for example if field is promoted to one).

There is no central place where you can enter the org value (e.g. $WERKS) and get a list. In PFCG matchcode there is some logic that provides search.

To start tracking them down, I typically look at the following:

1. Tables USORG/USVAR will give you a list of the values in your system and map the Org Value ($WERKS) to the Field Value (WERKS).
  2. Table AUTHX then allows you to map the Field through to the Check table (example of WERKS would return checktable T001W)
  3. Once you have the table you can then obtain the values.

Searching via SU20 can help a bit if you know the field name from PFCG and not just the org field.

However, I don't find it as simple as that as getting the right org values depends on the relationships. For example, if you want all of the plants that belong to the company code then you need to look at the configuration and connections between them (e.g. T001 fro BUKRS -> T001K -> BWKEY -> T001W for WERKS). You might have a few tables or a view to search that joins the data and the descriptions together (particularly if multiple languages in scope). The transaction EC01 that Julius has shown you provides you much better context and overcomes what I describes as it shows the relationships between the enterprise objects that might form part of the org values).

Generally, I find it easier to search IMG menu or have a quick chat with the Functional analysts to obtain the list from them.

Regards

Colleen

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are all over the place in various tables. But most are pulled together in transsction EC01 -> organizational IMG structure.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hey ,

Appreciate for the quick help,

But may i know how to use this tcode...?

If possible please let me know the table for it where i just put $Werks and find all the values with their test description.

0 Kudos

Yes, of course you may know how to use the transaction. Why on earth not?

No, you may not know the table for all the test descriptions. The text descriptions are however returned by EC01.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranjal,

There is no single table in SAP from which you can find Org value's description.

Org field and its values relate to different functional master data in SAP,hence, you need to retrieve data from different functional tables.

Example -

T001 - company code

TSPA - division

T499S - locations

TVST - shipping point etc..etc

Thanks,

Uttam

0 Kudos

Thanks ,

Its working !!

0 Kudos

And what will you do oneday without SE16?

Cheers,

Julius

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Pranjal

As mentioned already, organisational values are typically taken from IMG Configuration (plants, company codes, sales org, etc) and sometimes master data (cost centre for example if field is promoted to one).

There is no central place where you can enter the org value (e.g. $WERKS) and get a list. In PFCG matchcode there is some logic that provides search.

To start tracking them down, I typically look at the following:

1. Tables USORG/USVAR will give you a list of the values in your system and map the Org Value ($WERKS) to the Field Value (WERKS).
  2. Table AUTHX then allows you to map the Field through to the Check table (example of WERKS would return checktable T001W)
  3. Once you have the table you can then obtain the values.

Searching via SU20 can help a bit if you know the field name from PFCG and not just the org field.

However, I don't find it as simple as that as getting the right org values depends on the relationships. For example, if you want all of the plants that belong to the company code then you need to look at the configuration and connections between them (e.g. T001 fro BUKRS -> T001K -> BWKEY -> T001W for WERKS). You might have a few tables or a view to search that joins the data and the descriptions together (particularly if multiple languages in scope). The transaction EC01 that Julius has shown you provides you much better context and overcomes what I describes as it shows the relationships between the enterprise objects that might form part of the org values).

Generally, I find it easier to search IMG menu or have a quick chat with the Functional analysts to obtain the list from them.

Regards

Colleen