cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brazil localization (Ledgers & currencies standard set up)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am looking for documenttion about standard Brazil set up for currenies and ledgers in SAP ECC6 New GL.

I am in a situation where Brazil is a French subsidiary and Group reporting is performed in Euro.

Based on my experience I would suggest:

If BFC is receiving EUR amounts

Leading ledger

- IFRS with EUR as LC1 currency and Group Currency,

Parallel Ledgers

- Local Gaap Ledger with BRL as LC1, BRL for LC2 (index currency for inflation) and EUR as Group Currency,

- Local Tax Ledger with BRL as LC1, BRL for LC2 (index currency for inflation) and no Group Currency,

Controling area

- Cross-company code Cost accounting with Currency type 10 and link to the Leading Ledger

If BFC is receiving BRL currency amounts (conversion performed whithin BFC)

Leading ledger

- IFRS with BRL as LC1 currency and Group Currency,

Parallel Ledgers

- Local Gaap Ledger with BRL as LC1, BRL for LC2 (index currency for inflation) and no Group Currency,

- Local Tax Ledger with BRL as LC1, BRL for LC2 (index currency for inflation) and no Group Currency,

Controling area

- Cross-company code Cost accounting with Currency type 10 and link to the Leading Ledger

Could you tell me if these proposal are aligned with SAP standard for Brazil and tell me where I could find the description of SAP best practices for this country?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Regards

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal

Brazilian localization issues are generally discussed on the following space:

Threads are generally in portuguese, but I think that you can try in english or even use translator.

BR

Caetano

Answers (0)