PR needs to generates for all material after MRP Run

haarish
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have plan for 12 month.Demand entered in MD61

Dec 100 Jan 300 and so on..

Out of which for first 4 months system generate PR

and after that planned orders needs to generate after MRP.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

haarish
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano

procurement type is E only.

please refer the attached file in earlier post.

I will explain once again

Material A is fert .

Demand entered for A for 12 months

Need is that A should be

having PR for 4 months and later planned order After MRP.

but in actual only Raw material PR generated for 4months and later planned order.

Thanks

Harish

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Harish

Did you check if you have the creation indicators on the MRP group, as described on the document below?

Indicator 'Create Purchase Requisitions' is not considered by MRP

BR

Caetano

nitin_kapoor
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

As I understood your requirement is to create Pur Req within Opening period and Planned Orders outside the opening period. To achieve this you need to first change the configuration setting for Creation Indicator as said above by Caetano in OPPR ( Change Create Purchase Req  = 2)

Then maintain opening period in Schedule Margin key and assign this key in MRP2 view.

Please note that the Procurement Type should be External procurement "F". In this case the BOM will not be exploded while MRP run because of external procurement.

Also please take care that you should have the requirements in system outside the opening period which you defined in Schedule Margin Key.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Nitin

nitin_kapoor
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Also I have found that with procurement type "X" and special procurement type "20", you can achieve the desire results.

You need to check the checkbox of "Also plan unchanged components" while MRP run for this material. (Ssytem will explode the BOM while MRP run)

System will generate the PurReq in opening period if indicator "2" (Create Purchase req) is selected on the MRP screen. (Irrespective of what is maintained in creation indicator config - OPPR).

Thanks

Nitin

haarish
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin and Caetano,

Thanks for the reply.

I have one question related to this Total horizon plays any role with this?

If I understood correctly only child material those are with procurement type F only generates PR in opening period and later Planned order.

Header Material with Procurement type E are not working in this way it always creates Planned order.

Since I tried with all setting suggested by you guyes , but only ROH material (Child part) generates PR in opening period and later planned order get generated for that child part.

But still header FERT material is having Planned orders only.

Is this behaviour is correct?

Thanks,

Harish 

nitin_kapoor
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Try following settings in your Header material master.

Set procurement type = X

Special Proc key = 20

Now if your demand is greater then your opening period defined in Schedule margin key, system will generate Pur req within opening Period and Planned order outside the opening period.

Components assigned under Header materials will behave according to the material master settings and planned with MRP run if "Also plan unchanged components" check box is selected during MRP run.

Regards

Nitin

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes, this is possible. You should create a scheduling margin key where the opening period is 4 months (transaction OMDC). After that, assign your scheduling margin key to the material master and make sure that you are running MRP with the parameter

Create purchase req. = '2 - Purchase requisitions in opening period'

You may also define this value as default on the creation indicator of the material master. See this document for details:

BR

Caetano

haarish
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Caetano

But Still I am unable to get PR.

Refer attached Screen list

Suggest if any thing I missed.

Thanks,

Harish

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Harish

What is the procurement type defined for the material?

If the procurement type is E of X system will not create purchase requisitions.

BR
Caetano

haarish
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Ok so only External procured material can be work in this case.

But some times start date fall in to the opening period then even Inhouse material E also generates PR so can we replicate such scenario in system?

Thanks,

Harish 

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Harish

Yes, if you want to have purchase requisitions created by MRP you should use procurement type E.

I do not understand your last question, please provide more details and an example.

BR

Caetano