cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to retrigger a completed workflow using SWUE!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Workflow Gurus,

I have a scenario like need to retrigger a completed workflow which gone through a wrongpath. Actually that workflow has been completed wrongly after 3 approval process due to late generating of release code. Infact we have a condition that if releasecode is empty then dont send mail to PO creator and complete the workflow. Since that release code generated lately, release code was empty at a time when workflow on process. So now i have to retrigger the same object key (PO number) using SWUE. But i need some guideness regarding this SWUE how to use properly for a completed workflow. Actually when i tried to use SWUE,i have provided object category as BO, Object type as BUS2012, Event as WERETRIGGER,object key as PO number and ticked the trigger receiver as well. But i am not sure how to pass the Event parameter?.  Can anyone advice how to pass Event parameter properly via SWUE?and  Many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick / Karri,

I followed your valuable steps. Like compared between SWDD event (Bindings) and Workflow log header container as below screenshots shown. I see the CWDPOITEMS_OLD for EX_POITEMS_OLD event. But when i check the similar name of CWDPOITEMS_OLD in workflow log container it shows as NOT SET(Highlighted in 2nd screenshot). Pls note that When i check other successful workflow i see the CWDPOITEMS_OLD has entries. So it seems, as this is a wrong one completed the CWDPOITEMS doesnt entries. If it is so,then cant we retrigger a workflow which was gonethrough a wrongpath. Many thanks.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It could be that the binding was different when the workflow was created.

Or it could be that EX_POITEMS_OLD was empty when the event was created.

In any case, it is difficult for us to say if or how the workflow should be retriggered. You should definitely try to replicate in a Test system before you do anything.

regards

Rick Bakker

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is getting complicated. There is just not enough details about the workflow/process. What is the role of the poitems_old container element? Can you somehow check what is the logic behind filling it, when the event is created. Could you somehow execute the code responsible of creating the event?

Kind regards,

Karri 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karri / Anjan Paul,

When i tried to enter the PO items into event parameters which i took reference from workflow log, for somefields it is asking mandatory which is not there in workflow log container. In this case how can we skip this?. Do you encountered this before? Pls advise on this below screenshot?. Many thanks.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

How many event parameters do you have? Usually there aren't very many.

If you look in the event -> workflow binding (as Karri described) you can look up what the values were that were copied to the workflow.

regards

Rick Bakker

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there's no easy answer to this. You need to talk to someone who is familiar with the workflow.

I would not recommend manually retriggering a workflow (in Production?) if you don't understand it completely.

Can you talk to the original workflow developer?

cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there any document or samples how to use SWUE for retrigger a workflow? It would be a great helpful for the persons like me who entered newly to Workflow world. Many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karri,

Thanks for the information. Is there any way to copy that whole container from workflow log into event parameter instead of typing every value in event parameter?. Many thanks.  

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no direct method, but you can do it programatically usin fm SAP_WAPI_READ_CONTAINER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul Bakker,

Thanks for the information. Actually I tried to retrigger a completed workflow using SWUE. But as this is the first time ,i am not sure how to retrigger a completed workflow properly. Thatswhy want to get help to complete that retrigger task properly. May i ask you where can i get that inputs to give in event parameters. Since i want to create that same workflow task again i dont know from where i can get inputs to pass event parameters. Can you advise on this case?. Many thanks.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to find the workflow log of the completed workflow. Then you need to open the workflow container in that log. You can find the correct values there. Or, you can find them easily if the container elements have been named similarly to the event parameters...

If you really want to drill into this topic (as you should if you want learn something important), you should open the workflow builder and then there the basic info (the "hat"). There you should be able to find the event tab, and from there you can find the starting event(s) of the workflow. From this same place you can find the binding from event to the workflow container elements. Once you find this place, the rest should be obvious: there is a binding between each event parameter to container elements. Now you know that which container elements are populated by the event parameters. Now by reading the workflow log and its container you should be able to get the correct event parameter values for SWUE.  

Regards,

Karri

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To add event parameters in SWUE, click on the 'Event Parameter' button.

It shows you the list of pre-defined parameters for the specified event. You can add values on the right hand side.

Sorry, but that all seems pretty obvious.. Are you having a specific problem?

cheers

Paul