cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having issues with Analysis OLAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently trying to test to see whether our current reports will work correctly in Analysis OLAP SAP BO 4.1 SP 4. At the moment there are a few glaring issues that I can see.

First, when I try and run an analysis for one of our comparison reports (i.e. Comparing 2013 data to 2014 data) 2/3 of the data for my 2013 year is missing along with data being placed in the incorrect line items.

Second, if I try and open the same data source on a second sheet to run an analysis I cannot change the prompts for the second sheet to be a different time period. (i.e. Sheet 1 has Data Source ABC for 2013, Sheet 2 has Data Source ABC, but when I try and run sheet 2 to show 2014 data Analysis OLAP changes sheet 1 to show 2014 data as well). Is there anyway to use the same datasource on two separate sheets and show two different times periods.

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your data source a BEx query?  If so, how does the same query run using Analysis Office (first question)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the data source is a BEx query. The same query runs perfect in Analysis for Office. I have been comparing the two tools while going through this process and only have issues with OLAP.

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello John

I can't comment on your first issue. If the data is not sensitive, maybe you can provide screenshots from both AOLAP and AOffice so we can compare the differences?

For the second issue, if you want to use the same query but with different prompts, you need to add it again. You do that via a System Connection. In the CMC define a connection to your BW system.

Then in AOLAP connect to the system and navigate to (or search for) the query. Enter prompt values and any crosstab or chart which uses that connection will also use those prompt values.

To have different prompts, use AOLAP to again connect to the System connection and once again navigate to the same query. But now enter the different prompt values. Any crosstabs or charts which use this second connection will now use these new prompt values... without impacting the other crosstabs or charts which use the previous values.

If you ever want to change any of the values simple click on the "Prompts" button in the Data Panel on the left-hand side. Additionally AOLAP also supports prompt merging and Variants. For more info on this, please refer to the AOLAP User Guide and the section titled "Prompts for SAP BW and SAP HANA data sources"

Kind Regards