cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.11.1467

Former Member
0 Kudos

The relationship between VS and CR seems to be a fragile one; any change to either always ends up being a painful ordeal based on my personal experiences. I recently updated CR to version 13.0.11.1467 on my development machine in hopes that I could finally get CR working in my VS 2013 web apps. I changed my project references to use the new version of the various assembly files as well as all references in web.config and elsewhere in my code from 13.0.2 to this new version. But what about the PublicKeyToken? Could that possibly be related to the error I'm getting? I haven't been able to locate any information which explains what this value should be for any given version of CR. For 13.0.2 it was 692fbea5521e1304; does that need to change? Thanks in advance.

- Robert -

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

SP 11 had a lot of issues which is why it's no longer available. Download SP 12 and test again.

Everything stays the same, no need to update any reference info in web.config file. You should simply be able to install SP 12 and your app will work.

Don run the redist packages and your DEV PC, only on the app/web server.

Try searching, lots of posts on how to make CR work in a web app.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don, I used the link at the top of this page, SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio, which gave me the version mentioned in my post. Where can I find this SP 12 you are referring to?

- Robert -

0 Kudos

You can get all of the updates here:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don, I tried using the ClickOnce installer on the page you shared and installed both the 32-bit and 64-bit packages, but I'm unable to locate the DLLs so I can update my project references to the newer version. All I can find the ones located here, C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet, and they are all still the 13.0.11.1467 versions rather than 13.0.12.1494.

Can you help clear up this confusion?

- Robert -

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To work in Visual Studio, you need to download and run the "Install Executable".  What you installed is the runtime, which is for deployed applications, not for work in VS.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, so after installing CRforVS_13_0_12.exe, I see that all of the assemblies in the directory I mentioned earlier have been updated to the new version. I also updated my project references accordingly. However, I'm still getting the same error when I try to run my code in VS, "Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.12.1494, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." What else should I be looking for?

- Robert -

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have VS 2005 / 2008 on this computer? These products included CR 10.2 and 10.5 respectively. And - they don't play nice with CRVS. E.g.; if you have these, uninstall them. Then check your project for the referenced CR assemblies and make sure they all are version 13.x. Save, compile, run, keep your fingers crossed...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I only have VS 2012 and VS 2013.

I have a related question... is there a definitive way to tell which version of Crystal Reports for VS is installed on my machine? When I'm in Visual Studio and create a new project and a Crystal Report, it will automatically set up the project references with the required CR assemblies. Then I can inspect the properties of those references and navigate to the folder where those assembly files exist to find their version numbers, but it seems like there should be a more straightforward way to determine the installed version. Also, I noticed some of my existing projects using CR are referencing these assemblies from the GAC, which still reflects version 13.0.2, but when I add CR to a new project, the assemblies are referenced in the folder I referred to earlier. These are just a few random things that still puzzle me.

- Robert -

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The version shown in the GAC is always 13.0.2, but the file version is different.  The easiest way to determine what's installed is to go to Control Panel>>Programs and Features and see what the latest install is.

-Dell

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd like you to try a new simple app:

Start .NET

Add the CR web viewer to the project

Run

If that works add the line:

CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = <path to a report>

in page load. Does that work?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Created new web forms project, added CrystalReportViewer to the page, ran it and got the infamous... "0x800a1391 - JavaScript runtime error: 'bobj' is undefined" error. I've encountered this one many times in the past, but it seems there is no one solution for it. Where do you suggest I begin?

- Robert -

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd begin with uninstalling CRVS as well as the 64 bit runtime:

Then go here:

and download the install exe SP 12 (not the MSI / ClickOnce / MSM).

See if that helps.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek, I uninstalled and re-installed per your instructions and I'm still getting the same javascript bobj error.

- Robert -

former_member207665
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

1st troubleshooting step:

- Goto:

“C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\4_0_30319″

- Copy:

“crystalreportviewers13″ folder.

- Paste it to the below location:

"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\ASP.NETWebAdminFiles"

Note: If you are using .NET Framework 4.5, paste it in v4.5 folder structure.

Execute your application again.

2nd troubleshooting step:

- Copy:

“crystalreportviewers13″ folder.

- Paste it in your application folder.

- Add the below tags to your web.config file:

<configSections>
<sectionGroup name=businessObjects>
<sectionGroup name=crystalReports>
<section name=rptBuildProvidertype=CrystalDecisions.Shared.RptBuildProviderHandler,
CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304,  Custom=null />
       <section name=crystalReportViewertype=System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler />
</sectionGroup>
</sectionGroup>
</configSections>

<businessObjects>
<crystalReports>
<rptBuildProvider>
<add embedRptInResource=true />
</rptBuildProvider>
<crystalReportViewer>
<add key=ResourceUrivalue=~/crystalreportviewers13 />
</crystalReportViewer>
</crystalReports>
</businessObjects>

If the app is still giving the issue, try removing the ~ sign from the <add key=ResourceUrivalue=~/crystalreportviewers13 />

-Vinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinit, your first troubleshooting suggestion didn't seem to have any effect. The second one overcame the "Could not find file..." error I was having in my original project, but then I started getting the "bobj is undefined" error again. In my new test project, I'm still getting the "bobj is undefined" error.

- Robert -

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The "bobj is undefined" error is caused by a number of issues. Best way to approach this is to search for the error. Use a string like 'Crystal net bobj undefined'. Search box is in top right corner, then filter for SAP Notes.

Also, have a look at this blog:

Visual Studio 2012 Crystal Report not working on Windows Server 2012/ 0x800a1391 &amp;#8211; JavaScr...

- Ludek

Answers (0)