cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Depreciation Expense account and Total Assets for Dep. Exp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts;

The issue is,

when we display the balance of Depreciation Expense Account on Trial Balance F.08 for periods from 01 till 12 it gives an amount 340,751.64 Local Currency.

And when we displayed from Posted Depreciation report S_ALR_87011964 to check the amount of depreciation expense per each fixed assets we found the total was 332,366.96

I tried to find something similar on the forum but unfortunately I could not reach something like it perhaps because the long description and it is hard to search about such issue in few words without long explanation, anyway.

we tried to analyze the difference and find out the reason for deference but we reached nothing.

So may kindly if someone experienced something alike or can help by suggesting what could be the reason for that.

Thanks in advance;

Kind regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;  

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad Mahmud,

Please check the report again because you should have the access to open this selections.

Below are some screen shots that can help you about what icons you've to activate:

JPA

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad Mahmud,

Of course. When you run this report the program consider the planned depreciation. And if you have changes in the depreciation parameters, the program does not considered these changes.

And for this, you've this difference and how to view in two dimensions.

Please, read more about it in the note below.

1743712 - Accumulated Depreciation Difference in Asset Balances Report and Transaction AW01N or AS93: indicator "Current book value"

JPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

Have you tried running ABST2, which will show you the real values difference in FI <> AA.

If this report presents difference, that means something went wrong in conversion,

Thanks in Advance.

Pankaj Bansal

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Please, go to "Chosen selections"  and select the option "Current book value". After this check box selected, run the report S_ALR_87011964 again.

Please let me know what is the result.

JPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joao Paulo;

Thanks you very much for support.

Just I found the chosen selections is deemed and cannot be selected, may u kindly advice how to activate or why it is deemed?

Thanks in advance;

Kind regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;

former_member200703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

first are you sure that there are no direct posting made to Deprecation Exp. GL " are they in FS00 marked as automatic posting only"

also check FBL3N for possible posting by mistake.

also do you compare Deprecation expense with the report or Accumulated Deprecation.

accumulated Deprecation may not equal to posted Deprecation exp. as asset disposal and transfer has impact ..

also did  you run Dec. deprecation ? as you mentioned that you check the whole year 1 to 12 and compare it with trail balance ?

Regards

Mahmoud El nady

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mahmud;

thanks for help;

Yes, posting to the depreciation expense has been made through AFAB only, there are no direct post from FI to such account.

No wrong postings on the FBL3N, postings there which are only related to depreciation and which come from the AFAB as mentioned above.

Yes, a depreciation run has been done.

All of has been mentioned are ok, and yet a difference in reading for the Dep. Exp. between two standard report is existing and yet reason in unknown !!!

I do appreciate your help and effort Mahmud, thanks you very much and if u have any further analysis or help that will be kind from you.

Best regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;

former_member200703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmed

Thanks for your reply.is this the first time to compare between them ? .

could you use this report to display the trail balance instead of F.08

S_ALR_87012277 - G/L Account Balances

please check also in AR01 the Report date and deprecation area." Same Local Currency". also check on the high level which asset class cased this error by comparing both reports on GL / asset class level l..

you could by this determine which asset class cause error and inform me back..

Regards

Mahmoud El Nady

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahmud,

The report S_ALR_87011964  displays the posted depreciation for only one period. You can try to use the report S_ALR_87012936 or S_ALR_87012026 for posted depreciation.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthat;

many thanks for helping.

you know what, after reviewing the S_ALR_87011964 report against the FBL3N in details braked down by period I found that the amount presented in the report doesn't present one period however it is presenting all the amount form some Asset Groups and the more that the difference between them is not equal to the period which I selected at the report.

So, so far I see that that report is presenting the total till the selected period there is no issue with the period selection.

So do you have any else ideas?

I do appreciate your help again;

Ahmad Mahmud;

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahmud,

Find out how much difference it is showing and cross check with both the reports. And also check have you missed any GL accounts in FBL3N.

Regards,

Mukthar