Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventive maintenance for not-owned Equipment

sank_n
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There's a group of companies with 4 SBU's each having different Company codes. Each SBU having several factories which are created as plants

Factories are used to transfer machinery (Borrow a machine) among them for production purposes and such transferred machine may be remain in the transferred plant for long time (i.e like 6 months)

It is supposed to introduce preventive maintenance for production machines , Multiple counter plans to be created for each machine where machine run time (eg: 1200 hrs) or 3 months cycles to be used. So the notifications are expected to created on the due date.

However now there is a requirement to perform the preventive maintenance of borrowed machines at the new plant.

Example: Machine A which belongs to Factory A (of SBU A)  was borrowed by factory B (of SBU B) and Factory B is supposed to perform the preventive maintenance for machine A.

Since the maintenance plan and measuring points are belong to factory A, factory B will not be informed.

Is there any alternative way to cater the requirement

Appreciate your valuable thoughts ...

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sank,

I am not sure whether this scenario works, but it has lot of manual work.

You need to have functional location structure for Factory A and Factory B.

If you have the equipment in Factory A, create a general task list and maintenance plan for the equipment. This will have a measurement counter, which you will update it when the equipment is with Factory A.

Now, when you want transfer from Factory A and Factory B, you can do in two ways

1. Direct Dismantling from functional location in Factory A and Assign to Factory B

2. Material / equipment with serial number, dismantling can be done through goods movement using IE4N.

Once you move the equipment, your maintenance plan needs to deactivated from Factory A.

Create a Task List and Maintenance plan in Factory B. Create the measuring point and the take the reading transfer from the old measurement, if this is not possible, you can start the counter from the last reading noted from Factory A measurement point.

Most of the cases here are manual process.

I do not have multiple plant setting with my current client, so could not explorer whether this scenario will work, this is a theoretical view.

Regards

Terence

former_member205463
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sank,

You need to create the z program. Where you need to update the planning plant of Maintenance Plan by checking equipment planning plant. This way you can generate the orders in desired plant and cost is also settled to desired plant.

Clarification required

1. How you transfer equipment from one plant to another plant.

Regards

Ashif

sank_n
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Reply Ashif,

There is a separate Z-program to use for Equipment transfers.

Equipment transfers will not change Equipment master data. (i.e master data remains the same) but in Z program, it shows as borrowed from one plant from another and it allows borrowing from another SBU as well

former_member205463
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sank

This means somewhere your storing transfer data in Z-table. So you can pick that planning plant from Z-table and update in Maintenance plan.

Regards

Ashif

sank_n
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Ashif,

Your suggestion will work for plants within same company code (in our scenario, plants within one SBU)

But it will not work for plants of different SBUs it seems (i.e plants of different company codes)

former_member205463
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Sank,

Pls ref to this post. 

Regards

AShif