cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Order -BOM Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have maintained the production storage location (MARC-LGPRO) = 2600 in "MRP1" view the material master (Eg: Material Number - RG123) & also i have maintained the "Backflush" (MARC-RGEKZ) = 1 for the same material. But i have NOT created the storage location view for this material for the storage location 2600.

I have used this material (Material: RG123) as BOM component for one of the header material.

With this condition, i have created the production order for the header material. While creating the production order, the above BOM component (RG123) is copied into my production order. But the "Storage location" field value (ie, storage location - 2600) is not copied from material master to production order. But i was expecting that this storage location value also will be copied to production order.

Is that because of the "Storage Location View" is NOT created for this material (RG123)?

If so, Do we have any FM to extend the "Storage location  View" for the material master?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How you expect the system to do backflush (automatically goods issue material to production order) without extending that material to that storage location (2600), if it's not extended then it means there can't be any stock at 2600, which is why it's not copying the storage location?

Use transaction code MMSC_MASS to extend a bunch of materials to a particular storage location.

Or

Use transaction code MASS, business object BUS1001 and table name MARD to do the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeevan,

You are right. I also understand that. But with this situation, if i create the planned order in MD11, the location is getting copied. And when i convert the planned order to prod order in CO40, the location is not getting copied to prod order.

Then, the location should not get copied to planned order also know?

If the Goods issue is not posted during GR due to "Storage location view" is not extened, the error can go to "COGI" & we will reprocess the GI after extending the storage location view. But this is not standard SAP process right?

Thanks

Nancy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Selva,

The component storage location determination logic is different when creating planned orders and production orders.

For the storage location determination in planned order generated from MRP please refer to the following note:
375913 - MRP area:Determne issue storage locatn of comp

The following note discusses the issue storage location for BOM explosion for production orders :

137225 - Prod. order: Issuing storage location for component

The storage location will be rechecked during theconversion because the logic of determining a storage location is different between planned order and production order.

BR, Nancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for the note: 137225. It is clearly stated as below.

First, the issue storage location of the material to be issued (MARC-LGPRO) is transferred to

the material master from the MRP data if it is filled.

l The system overwrites this value with the issue storage location from the bill of material

(RC29P-LGORT, STPO-LGORT) if it is filled.

l If the operation to which the component is assigned in production order contains a work center

with supply area, the storage location is transferred from this supply area (PVBE-LGORT).

However, this transfer is only carried out if storage location data (MARD) is maintained for

this storage location for the material.

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SelvaKumar,

Further you can read below SAP Note Question 1 for more helpful answers   1808922 - FAQ: Components in the production order and process order.

BR
KK

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Selva,

You maintained the Prod storage location in MRP1 view ?

Please check in your system Prod storage location  maintained only in MRP View 2

If already maintained any prod Storage location in MRP view 2 in your system then system consider this storage location in Planned order and production order, and If the material is a component, it is the issuing storage location to which a back flush is posted.

If you not maintained then you can extend the material master with help of MM50

I hope this information helpful to you

Regards

Umesh Mali

Nancy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Selva,

You can try to test it by extending the material to the storage location 2600 by t-code MMSC.  Then see if the sotrage location shows up in the production order.

The following document explains how default sloc is determined for components.

Default storage locatio selection for component

Br, Nancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nancy,

The storage location is getting copied to production order if I maintain the same in MMSC.

My question is:

If I do not maintain the storage location "2600" for the material in MMSC and also if I do not extend the "Storage Location View" for the material in material, will it NOT be copied to production order?

Thanks

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Selva,

If you do not extend material to particular storage location it would not copy to production order.

Read carefully the SAP Note what I have suggested in my earlier post see below info

the transfer takes place only if storage location data (MARD) is maintained for this storage location for the material.

BR
KK