Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP Receiver Channel Response option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Can you help me with this .

I have a requirement with SFTP receiver Channel . My SFTP Channel is posting files to 3rd Party vendors. I need to have a email triggered for each file that has successfully reached the 3rd Party vendor folder. This is because the 3rd Party end users do not have the option to access their SFTP Folder  and see the contents  and we have to take care of emailing them .

I am having PO7.4 singe stack.

This is critical and I have no option to change to any other adapter.

I have gone through the link : Using Request Response Bean Module in FILE Adapter - Process Integration - SCN Wiki   , this is not the one that I am looking for.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhishek .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all. Understand that if SFTP channel is green , then it's successful. Trying to figure out , per file flow if I can trigger an alert .

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Did you try to test with the approach as I suggested in abv post.

We had the same requirement to trigger email notification once file is written successfully in FTP dir. I believe same solution should fit your requirement as well for SFTP.

Kindly test and check if it helps

Regards,
Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azhar ,

I am sorry , I might be wrong , but quoting your reply

"

Are you calling PI- ESR & ID also in your mapping?

You can create 1 more flow / step : Sender to Mail and in your Interface Determination add this as 2nd step..Also check the option - Maintain Order At Runtime...

This will ensure that once Step1 : Sender to SFTP is complete then proceed with Step 2 : To trigger Email "

If I follow this approach , then if the first step first message failes , the send step wont be initiated .And this will prevent the second file to reach SFTP . Am I correct . If yes, then business will not accept it .

Can you please comment.

Regards,

Arnab.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I follow this approach , then if the first step first message failes , the send step wont be initiated .And this will prevent the second file to reach SFTP . Am I correct . If yes, then business will not accept it .

>>> The (1st Step)  First Interface is for File to SFTP scenario and the 2nd Step / Interface is for Sending Email.

If 1st Step is successful i.e File is written to SFTP dir then it will execute the 2nd Step i.e to send Email

If 1st Step fails, then it will not execute 2nd Step of Sending Email (as you need Email only incase when file is written successfully to SFTP dir)....and this message will fail in PI.

Later when the Sender sends next set of File it will follow / do the check as mentioned abv and it will not prevent the Next file to reach SFTP (as this will be a fresh / new message flow).

P.S: The option - Maintain Order At Runtime is to be Checked in Interface Determination

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note , mine is a BPM scenario , but there is no issue with waiting / holding etc. Req is EOD , I need email for each file that gets in their SFTP Folder successfully .

Regards,

Abhishek .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

few cents...though this talks about File adapter, you may use the same concept in your scenario.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters...

Thanks,

Sudhansu

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Are you calling PI- ESR & ID also in your mapping?

You can create 1 more flow / step : Sender to Mail and in your Interface Determination add this as 2nd step..Also check the option - Maintain Order At Runtime...

This will ensure that once Step1 : Sender to SFTP is complete then proceed with Step 2 : To trigger Email

Regards,

Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's a good idea , but just a question here, if the Step1 : Sender to SFTP is complete  , dos it guaranteed mean that the file was 100% placed in vendor SFTP folder. What I mean to say is , if it was FTP , I  am very much sure about the fact that channel will give true log , but since SFTP is something that cannot be ping tested or visible to us , I wish to know , if the data propagation happens followed by execution of  step 2 , or even an archiving step in step 1 itself ( we have archiving feature in SFTP Receiver adapter ) can we be sure that the step 1 was completed successfully.

I am asking all these questions , because this is a vendor interaction , and customer is very very  concerned about the complete data / successful data deposition .

Regards,

Abhi

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>>but since SFTP is something that cannot be ping tested or visible to us , I wish to know , if the data propagation happens followed by execution of  step 2 , or even an archiving step in step 1 itself ( we have archiving feature in SFTP Receiver adapter ) can we be sure that the step 1 was completed successfully.

It's the same. You can find all these information in Audit logs.

Message status will be set successful only when the file successfully delivered to SFTP server.

you can use FTP tools such as filezilla,winSCP to connect to SFTP server from your desktop and validate the file processing.

So you can rely on this functionality.