cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in File - Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

As you suggested

I have updated SP12 in my system , but still the same issue.

So please help me, i am providing you all the information related to my application.

Database used- MS ACCESS

Connection type used-- OleDbConnection

Win or web app - windows

OS -- windows 7 (32 bit) , but i have tried windows 8 - 64 bit (in both os not working).

Code used- vb.net

Does the report work in dev and fails when app is distributed, or does it fail in both environments? - In both environment it will get fail.

Does the report work in the CR designer? -- no.

getting the below error.

Please do the needful.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

As we've mentioned if it does not work in CR Designer it won't work in code.

The screen shot you attached is not Crystal Designer.

So in CR Designer use this connection info:

MDB files have a default "admin" User Id.

Once connected you'll see this in the Database Wizard:

Even though it indicates you are connecting to a file it's still going through the OLE DB layer.

Then save your report and search this forum on for a sample app that generates the connection code to use.

PS - not sure if MS made a 64 bit OLE DB Driver so it may only work in 32 bit mode. Also, that driver does not appear to support accdb files. For those you'll have to ODBC.

MS is going to drop OLE DB for SQL Server so why not move to ODBC?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don

I have followed you procedure to connect the ms access database through OLEDB connection, but am getting the below error  , please check.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I was connecting in CR Designer not through VS CR Designer.

Can you create a new report, could be that report needs to use Set Location first.

In VS Designer it still works for me so you must have something wrong with MDAC, try updating it, should be version 2.8. Search MS's site, they have a tool to check the version you are using.

All I do is browse to my mdb and click Finish, notice the user name is admin

Maybe you need permissions to where ever your mdb file is. Try coping it locally.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

the database(mdb)  is placed locally & given full access, but i couldn't able to connect from visual studio,

I have more than 10 reports , when i open each report i have observed  there was no connection created for all reports, please let me know , how to enable VERIFY DATABASE button shown below,

after i tried to click database expert then visual studio is getting closed & throw error shown is 2nd

screen shot. database connection is must n should required for all the reports right ?

& also you suggested me to check n run the MDAC.exe through Microsoft website, which done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any update ?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eshwar

Don is on vacation until January 5. I am on vacation until January 8 - just looking here for "fun"...

Reading this thread, I believe Don was looking for you to try the connection in the CR 2013 Designer which can be downloaded from here:

SME Free Trials | SME Software | SAP

Now, if this is and MDB file type then you should be able to connect the report to it via ODBC, OLE DB or native. Note that to connect to ACCDB, you must use ODBC.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Answers (0)