cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport BEx Query from DEV to PROD - (Just the layout)

fthomazetti_costa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

This is a basic doubt, but is taking a long time from my side to solve it... Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I have a BEx query. This query exists in DEV, QUA and PROD environments.

I did a small change in the query's layout in DEV, I've changed the field "Period" from columns to lines. When I did the transport to QUA, this change wasn't transported.

I use the method RSA1 > Transport Connection > Query Elements > Query > Select Objects > "Query xxx" ... and all the following steps like Grouping, Collection Mode, Package, etc...

What I'm doing wrong?

Could you please help me with this transport?

Thanks in advance,

Flavio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fthomazetti_costa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We did all these process that you mentioned above, but for this specific query for some reason, nothing worked.

So, we found a way to change the query's layout directly in Production without have opened the customizing. For now, our problem is solved.

Thank you all for your collaboration.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Costa,

Just save the query in Query designer (if it is only structure change) , capture it in transport and move it to quality. Changes will be refelected in Q.

No Need to collect in RSA1 > Transport Connection for layout change.

Thanks,

Charles

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you do some changes in DEV after collect the transport request.

RSA1 > Transport Connection > Query Elements > Query > Select Objects > "Query xxx" ... and all the following steps like Grouping -> select only necesarry objects , Collection Mode -> manual collectyion , Package -> custom pacakge not for the $TMP 

then click on the truck symbol -> now refres the button -> now you are able to see the reqeust number and pacakge number.

now check the popup window will generate with the green colour menas query collection has sucessfully completed.

Thanks,

Phani.

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume your transport was green both in qua and prd.

May be some objects are still in $TMP.

Regards, Leszek

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you wonder if all needed elements of query are beiing taken do this:

(after dragging the query to right side of transport connection)

- press package

(now you see objects of different types)

- filter the objects:  object type = ELEM

- choose all

- OK

Regards, Leszek

former_member360228
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you followed all the suggestions as mentioned above but still couldnt see the change in Quality, then please ask your basis team about the settings with which they are importing the transport request as it should be in "Overwrite" mode.

Thanks,

Arminder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Flávio,

Query may already be included in BEx request, so you need to release that request first. After that you can try to transport again.

BR

Ondrej

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Costa,

For every change of bex query, we need to transport whole contents of query.

Means we need to collect(query) all query elements  like CKF,RKF,variables,formulas and all etc.

follow the same approach.

Bw, RSA1-->transport connections,Use grouping options as only necessary objects.

From middle pane find your bex query and move to extreme right side.

in that right side screen, expand your query and select all elements which are showed under your query.

Cross check all elements are stored in custom package or not. the objects which are  stored in custom package only transferable.

Later collect into bex transport, After that you can release and import to Qua.

Check your changes at qua and follow the same while moving to prod.

Thanks

fcorodriguezl
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!,

Rama is right, you need add in your transport your elements, RK, CK.

Use rsa1->transport connection ->Query elements->

. RKF

.CKF

.Var

.Structure

Look your object and add right, add in your package and transport.

Luck.

Regards.