Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Training

0 Kudos

Hi

My name is Bhavin and working as lab technician at Pharma company in UK.

I would like to make my career as SAP consultant and need help to choose a training course.

Somebody I know suggested that SAP HANA has good demand in UK market but wanted to make sure before jumping in a pool that what is suitable to me.

Will you be kind enough to give me some suggestion.

Kind regards

Bhavin

Message was edited by: Colleen Lee - moving from Training to Careers space

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think most of the modules has good demands in market and HANA is one of them.. but nobody can make sure to you 100% that will get a job after completing your training successfully.

and while talking about suitability to you..It is something like if you go to restaurant, people can't suggest us what we should to order, honestly, we should select what is suitable for our taste and body. This module selection is also same, But we can't pick anything to eat by name also. So i personally prefer to know what all ingredients it have and what is the recipe in short. So same thing you have to do, please go through in details of few modules(MM, SD, FI, BW, HANA also) and try to find what is all about and try to recognize your interest in that.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think most of the modules has good demands in market and HANA is one of them.. but nobody can make sure to you 100% that will get a job after completing your training successfully.

and while talking about suitability to you..It is something like if you go to restaurant, people can't suggest us what we should to order, honestly, we should select what is suitable for our taste and body. This module selection is also same, But we can't pick anything to eat by name also. So i personally prefer to know what all ingredients it have and what is the recipe in short. So same thing you have to do, please go through in details of few modules(MM, SD, FI, BW, HANA also) and try to find what is all about and try to recognize your interest in that.

0 Kudos

Thanks for quick detailed reply.

0 Kudos

So now you are clear with your doubts, what next you need to do..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavin,

I you have some time left, you could watch the free HANA-courses on https://open.sap.com/courses (openSAP).

There are courses like

- Introduction to Software Development on SAP HANA (Repeat)

- SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA

- An Introduction to SAP HANA by Dr. Vishal Sikka

- Introduction to SAP HANA Cloud Platform (Repeat)

- Next Steps in SAP HANA Cloud Platform (Repeat)

- ABAP Development for SAP HANA

- Next Steps in Software Development on SAP HANA

and courses about BW/BI with HANA.

You might not be able to get certifications at the moment but a free introduction where you can check if you understand it and decide which path to follow afterwards.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner