Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender SFTP Adapter - File Duplicate

former_member309357
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,    

I am using sender SFTP adapter in which I need to archive the files and as well to check duplicate files. For that I have checked the options DELETE, FILE DUPLICATION CHECK & ARCHIVE (given archive path).

Files are processing but I wonder that files are moving to archive folder without deleting in the main folder which is leading to the communication channel error saying "DUPLICATION FILE FOUND".

Please provide your valuable inputs ASAP as this is happening in PROD Environment.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

As GB suggested.... You have access to writing the file to archive folder.. But you dont have any access to delete the file...

Thanks,

Sreenivas

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

did you check the permission you have to delete the file and also to write on archive folder

Regards

GB

former_member309357
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi GB,

Initially the user doesn't have authorization to archive the file, it was added there after. Does really required permission to delete the file as well as the files are archiving successfully. Please let me know so that I can ask the team to add the permission to delete the file as well.

Thanks

Ravi

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

yes we need delete access of the source folder also... to delete the file from the folder...

Thanks,

Sreenivas

former_member309357
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick responses, I have informed my hosting team to provide required permissions.

Could you please also let me on the below :

I do not want to process empty files so selected skip empty files. Does these empty files also get deleted and archived or I will get a continuous errors saying file is skipped and duplicate file.

I really need to know before doing this because it is in PROD, I cannot do any trail and error methods. Hope you understand.

Thanks

Ravi

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure the file is not being deleted by channel?

if you monitor the sender channel, you should be able to see any entry with "deleting <<filename>>" .

May be it could be that, your sender system is placing the files with the same name every time?

if so check below note to avoid this error :

1744700  - SFTP Adapter - duplicateCheckPersist Attribute