cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion with PROJ/PRPS tables and project definition displayed in CJI1 report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am an ABAPer and working on a project systems related report for the first time.

I have to create a Z-report with details of all OPEN projects and its corresponding WBS elements with their budgeted and actual costs.

The problem is that when I run the standard tcode CJI1, there project definition is e.g. GCPL/060.

Now when I enter this project definition is the table PROJ or PRPS (in SE11) field PSPNR or PSPID then it displayed the data.how is this possible ? because in the displayed data PSPNR = 00000285 and also PSPID = "GCPL060   000" .

The proj def "GCPL/060" is nowhere to be found in the PROJ table but its displayed every where in the standard reports like CJI1 or CN41.

So please help me to know how exactly this project definitions are working and how all these fields are linked together ?

Thanks,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal,

You can refer to the following discussion:

There is a number of conversion exits to transform from internal to user interface view.  For the PSPID in particular the system would apply the project coding mask formatting if relevant.

Regards,

Paulo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

As mentioned by other experts, you need to use the conversion exit for this.

To view how the data is looked in table.

If you check "Include Conversion Exit" then you will the Project (PSPNR) has GCPL/060, else you will see the PSPNR as 00000285

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Experts for your help.

I will try your suggestions and reply.

Also please tell me the tables for finding the commitment cost and actual cost.

I found the table BPEG for budget costs.

I want all details in that appear in the standard reports CJI1, CJI3 & CJI5.

Thanks,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vishal, Below are the list of tables for report related COOI: Commitments RPSCO: Project info database BPGE: Budget overall BPJA: Budget annual COSP: Total Cost for external posting COSS: total costs for internal posting COVP: Primary cost COKS: Secondary Cost COSL: Activity type For all these table pass OBJNR value. Regards Murali K N

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Additional to Murali reply.

In RPSCO table you can get cost values based on filtering the value type (WRTTP)  like Plan, Actual,  Commitments from Purchase Requisition, Purchase Order Commitment and Reservation Commitment.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In PROJ and PRPS all project definition and WBS element will have unique number which is generated by the system and stored. Below the FM which is used to convert. CONVERSION_EXIT_ABPSP_INPUT Conversion External to Internal WBS element No. CONVERSION_EXIT_ABPSP_OUTPUT Conversion Internal to External WBS element No. You can also use below BAPI to fetch the data for Project Definition and WBS element Follow this link

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/How+to+use+BAPI+in+Project+System+Module

Regards

Murali K N